Subject Author Posted Replies

FS - Bandsaw
Hi all, I have an older (Taiwan made) bandsaw. This is one of the ubiquitous asian 4X6 units. I have not used it in several years since I got an old Keller power hacksaw, and did not have room for...
6
6

How big a face mill can a Millrite MVI handle? Update #2
On eBay, I bought a used Sandvik Coromant RA100 face mill, 4" diameter, uses a 1.5" shell mill arbor, and has six carbide inserts. The six special hex socket setscrews that tighten the wedges that...
4
4

OT FS Ebay surplus equip
The link to the stuff I am selling was crazy long so if you go to and to advanced search, type in eurogreg as the seller and take a look, or not. Not trying to spam the group, thats why its marked OT....
1
1

Sizing a fuse for 1/3 hp motor
I want to add a fuse for overloading protection to the motor I use on the Gingery lathe . The motor came from a very old washing machine. It is Delco brand .The nameplate has this info: HP=1/3 V=115...
3
3

Burying black iron pipe
I am laying a black iron pipe in a trench about 3' deep, that is a gas line for my NG grill. About 10' long. My question is, would the pipe benefit from anti rust treatment, such as Cosmoline. Thanks...
47
47

X3 and digital scales
some stuff on the encoding used by the chinese scales, a source for the scales, and someone's experiences with the scales.
1
1

AA battery hack secret
The Energizer AA cells are alkaline, while the lantern battery is "heavy duty" AKA standard old-technology LeClanche cells with significantly shorter life and less capability for heavy drain.
100
100

I need a thread on tip for a Ready tool co live center - anyone wanna trade for some large lathe tools?
well, the title kinda says it all - I have a Ready Tool Co live center (got it at the last Reliable Tools parking lot sale) that allows changing the tip - the tips are threaded 1/2X13, but I don't...

information
=============== Welcome to the world of machining. You will find that the old books/publications are of more use to the home/hobby machinist. The newer texts stress CNC and high speed/power/rigidity...
4
4

ANN: Central NY Home Shop Machinist Group
The Central New York Home Shop Machinist Group is looking for you! The CNYHSMG is a new no-dues no-B.S. organization where home shop machinists, model engineers, and metal crafters in the Syracuse...

Machinist in the Chicago--Aurora--Naperville - area?
A friend of mine has a few small jobs needed for restoring a vintage farm tractor. He is getting outrageous quotes for simple things like inserting a bushing or turning a sleeve for a shaft. Does...

BP horizontal attachment
I've been looking for a right angle attachment for my varispeed J head. I've googled and found some for M heads. What is the major difference between the ones for the J and the ones for the M and what...
31
31

Ouch
content? Definately :>. H. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch
7
7

Adventures with Sieg X3
very elaborate. Just the facts, ma'am. http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/X3/Sieg_X3.html
2
2

Sieg U2 Universal Milling / Drilling / Grinding machine?
the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3 tooled mill, and a surface grinder? Now if it could only cook...
6
6