Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: How to Make a 25mm Bolt Action Sniper Rifle out of PVC Piping
For Gunner and all the other gun freaks. How to Make a 25mm Bolt Action Sniper Rifle out of PVC Piping
6
6

Worm Gear Size?
I need help in find a brass worm gear for an upright bass fiddle. The gear is brass and 1 3/8 inch diam. by little under 1/4 thick 24 teeth. How do I measure this to look for replacement?
2
2

What is wrong with this compressor?
I'm about ready to purchase a compressor for my power hammer and I'm going through the ones on MSC, and I see this: this one says that is runs 30cfm, and is about $400 less than the ones that say they...
12
12

Using mandrels
I don't mean Barbara, either... How do you put a workpiece on an expanding mandrel? Specifically, the ones with a sleeve on them. After mounting the workpiece on, it's simply turning between centers,...
7
7

Buying tools today/making donation to ChiCom's military
Going to save a couple dollars and buy Chinese tools for now on as I read others as doing so. Then I'm going to point my finger at others when our sons/daughters die defending Taiwan from a ChiCom...

Hydraulic engine as pump
I'd like to use a hydraulic engine as a backup propulsion system on my boat. I need max 50kW at 200rpm. Does anybody know if I can use a hydraulic radial piston engine as a hydraulic pump while I am...
2
2

Looking for a special engine lathe?
At work our department has been approved to buy a new engine lathe. While it easy to find new ones, we were looking for details on one that has both inch and metric lead screws with 2 half nuts. We...
5
5

Feedback on Powerfist or similar 220V MIG
Has anyone ever used the 220V MIG sold at Princess Auto? It's made by PowerFist which I believe is their offshore import house brand. The unit has a 3/16" barb for a gas regulator and it comes with...

Sheetmetal question
Sorry to be asking an on-topic question (because of the heart leaps which will occur from it), but I have a question about storage. I'm considering buying one of these boxes and wondered if anyone...
4
4

Shop wire for sale
I will have around 700 feet of two conductors of 4/0 with one conductor of 3/0 or 2/0. This is called triplex and is for underground and rated for 200 amps. It is aluminum; who can afford copper? It...
7
7

Vergeltungswaffe 1 Operations Manual
Yup. Scored a bound reprint of the Top Secret Nazi operational manual for the Vergeltungswaffe 1 V1 Buzz Bomb on Ebay. Should be an absolutely fascinating read (it's in German, of course). 234 pages....
4
4

Got any eyeglass experts here?
Trying to figure out the link between magnification and focal length. I need glasses to be able to read and see what I''m doing clearly on my lathe but the 1.50 safety glasses I have force me to get...
16
16

Science - and the Media
You may have heard about "burning Sea Water"? Some related Links...
52
52

9x20 Compound Clamp
is much better (and simpler!) than what I was contemplating. It looks to be an even more rigid setup than what my lathe has now with the 2 8mm bolts...
2
2

I need a better way to post projects
I like the DropBox for its permanence - one can go back & find stuff from years back. But I don't like the text & pictures separation - there's too much back & forth to get the whole project. I tried...