air compressors

Does anyone have any views of clarke or erp air compressors.

Thanks

Reply to
technical123

Yes. Clarke: erp! Very cheaply made.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I agree with Don. Clarke stuff varies a bit (I don't think they make it themselves) but you'll usually struggle to find stuff which is more cheaply made. Naturally the kind of compressor you want will depend on what you want to use it for, but be aware that Clarke is regarded as the most el-cheapo of el-cheapo. I can't comment on Erp.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Could you suggest any decent makes please.

Thanks again

Reply to
technical123

Quincy is the best or among the best. They're pricey if bought new, but don't be afraid to buy a used or surplus Quincy if you can find one.

(Ignoramus, hold your brags unless you're willing to find this guy one. )

Sanborn and Ingersoll make some reasonably good units for home shop use.

I've been very pleased with my American IMC.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I would actually say the same thing you did, word for word. Buy a used good compressor and, if needed, you can do a rebuild job.

Also, I do not think that my compressor is outstanding, it is just a basic good compressor.

Ignoramus21405