AL BABIN RESURFACES IN NICE CONDITION

Ignoramus19378

Yup, sure looks like it. Seems like some of these items are "illegal", I think eBay requires you to accept PayPal as one of your payment options. The items seem to be much higher grade than the old Al Babin stuff, but the wording looks exactly like him.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Some of those machines are painted in two colors. Babin must have sprung for another can of spray paint!

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Oh, no! Those look mostly like factory paint jobs, no WAY the old Al Babin could do a classy job like that. I mean, the ways were shiny metal! He'd never leave anything unpainted like that.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Reynolds Heavy Duty aluminum foil.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Can't be Ol' Al, if the mill was any indication. The ways, knobs, decals, pulleys, and belts aren't all painted over during the "refurb". And the Bridgeport lettering is painted in a contrasting color. This ain't Babin's work, though the mini dremelizing on the ways was, um, interesting.

-- I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty. -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Count Diodati, 1807

Reply to
Larry Jaques

And masking tape!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Maybe he got the *one* good temp first? The one Iggy was trying to hire;-)

Reply to
William Bagwell

Prices way too high. HIs normal routine was to get an early following with low starters, build his FB, then vanish once a lot of cash was headed his way. Got a lot of good stuff for cheap in his later incarnations.

Reply to
Mark F