Aluminum casting wanted

What I am looking for is someone that can sand cast 3 small aluminum parts about the size and complexity of a cast VW valve cover. I intend to set up my own small foundry some day but right now I just don't have the time and if I can find someone to do the casting for a reasonable cost I'll just have it done. I'm thinking 3 or 4 sets should get me started. 12 pieces total.

I'll have the patterns finished in a couple of days (I hope) and all that will be left to do is ram some sand, cut a sprue and poor.......

So if you have a hobby scale casting set up and want a bit of income producing work or just know of a foundry that does small jobs like this for a reasonable fee please E-mail me and let me know.

Reply to
Leon McAtee

You could contact Mystic River Foundry in Mystic CT. They specialize in small order work and are excellent folks to deal with.

is their web site.

For a preview of their facility see

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

What part of the country are you located in?

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Rocky mountains - Wyoming. But the parts are small and shipping via UPS won't be a problem......At least after the first week in January when things start to get back to normal. =========================

Reply to
Leon McAtee

Hi, You might call Am-Cor Aluminum Foundry (262)-279-6510 I don't know what their minimum order is, but they have been very good to deal with and they do relatively small orders (UPS size orders) for us all the time. Good luck, David

Reply to
David Courtney

We can cast parts in aluminum up to 100 lbs. Santiam Bronze Works look it up on google. we are looking for some repeat customers. Phone 541-401-4916. or snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com.

Donald Eggert

wanted-301127-.htm

I got a "server not found" error when I tried your web address.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Same here. It exists, but is locked for unknown reasons. I didn't know there was anyplace like that around here.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

There's one in Boring, OR, too. AFAIK it's more industrialish, but then, I know of them through a customer that has them make castings for antique car parts.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Lots of hits on Google

Gunner

"The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

(Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.)

Reply to
Gunner