Ammco Brake Shoe Abrasive Belts - Need a supplier

I have a model #880 Ammco brake shoe grinder and need to find a supplier of the abrasive belts. I have contacted Ammco and the parts person did not have any information on the product at all. I have done all sorts of searches on the web have found nothing. Maybe someone out there knows of a source.

Thanks. Steve

Reply to
sbracing

I don't think you will have any luck. Those were discontinued decades ago due to the asbestos dust they put in the air. If you are lucky you will find an old warehouse distributor with some dusty NOS belts. other than that, watch ebay

Reply to
Rex B

If they're standard cloth-backed belts, they can be spliced if they're not standard length. I suppose they could even be slit down if they're not standard width. Lots of cloth sanding belts out there, pick a grit type and size. Woodworking supply sites are full of them.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I have heard they they may even be illegal in California. If they don't make asbestos linings, why can't you arc them to make them fit properly? I am looking for an arcing machine on the cheap. I am picking up a brake lathe for $50 friday.

Belts can be glued to the correct length

Reply to
Stupendous Man

does customs as I recall

Gunner

Gunner

As might yer local machine tool guy. Westchester Tool by me has a guy. Also does custom scotchbrite belts for belt sanders, etc.

-- Mr. P.V.'d (formerly Droll Troll), Yonkers, NY Ever-preparing for The Grand Insertion Party Nominee, IPPVM Independent Party of the Proctologically Violated®© (M)asses "That's proly not a hemorrhoid you're feeling.... " entropic3.14decay at optonline2.718 dot net; remove pi and e to reply--ie, all d'numbuhs

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®