Another tool ID needed XXV

Just posted more photos and answers to the previous set:

R.H.
207. Honestly do not know, but a guess that it might be some type of threaded insert.

208. Narrow crown staples.

209. Looks to be wooden. I am guessing something used in a bakery.

210. Coarse toothed wood rasp.

211. Sheet metal bending jig.

212. No earthly idea.

DanG

207

Is the inside threaded ? Looks like a push-in threaded insert.

209

Leadworkers / plumbers bat / beater for shaping lead sheet. I think this one is used for forming roof flashing into a collar around a vertical flue or pipe.

Reply to
Andy Dingley
204=typewriter

Reply to
Private

Click on the below link, you may find some of our specialty handtools to be of help. We now sell to the public at wholesale prices!

Kris

Hmm ... 207 looks like some sort of bushing designed to press into a hole in wood. Perhaps about something like 1/4" through hole to act as some kind of low-duty bearing, or perhaps internally threaded beyond the end of the currently visible portion of the hole.

208 -- perhaps the winding of wire to bind a small hand broom together? Though, depending on the lighting, it could perhaps be a rectangular wound spring. 209 -- Perhaps something to shape clay on a potter's wheel? 210 -- no guess. 211 -- ditto 212 -- Some kind of anvil for forming rings, normally clamped in a vise by the square section?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Close enough, it's an insert nut, hammer-in type, threaded on the inside

They are regular staples, don't know if they're narrow crown

It's wooden, but it wasn't used in a bakery.

Correct.

Nope

Reply to
R.H.

Yes, it's an insert nut for assembling furniture.

Neither of these.

I'm not entirely sure what this is for, the seller had it marked as being a "founder's tool", which I take to mean for making molds for metal or glass. But I suppose it could also be used for clay.

I don't know what this one is, but I believe it was used by a machinist.

Reply to
R.H.

Correct.

Reply to
R.H.

Correct, the inside is threaded and it was marked as being hammer-in.

I'll have to get back to you on this one, not sure if it's right or not.

Reply to
R.H.

Butter or Ice Cream churn paddle?

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

[ ... ]

One of the other answers looks more like it was right, but I'll wait until I see that answer.

It was just a guess, based on the overall shape, and considering that I've never done potter's wheel work.

[ ... ]

And it has some kind of marking on the end, presuably the machinst's own name, and some cryptic marking. I doubt that he bothered to make it too detailed, as *he* knew what he made it for. And while we can make guesses, the odds are against figuring exactly what it was for.

Is the cylindrical part tapered? It looks so in the photo, bigger at the free end -- but that could be a problem with perspective.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

It doesn't look like any potter's tool that I've seen. I think the mold making is a closer fit.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Reply to
Shirley Bolman

Nope, according to the seller it wasn't used as a paddle.

Reply to
R.H.

The square end of this one is 15/16" square and says "E. Smith. J." , the other end is tapered and appears to function as a handle.

Reply to
R.H.

The seller had six similar tools that he was selling, all marked "founder's tool". So although it might look like a paddle it was used for something else.

Reply to
R.H.

Buy from you? You can't even spam right.

Reply to
CW

Item 211 is a miniature sanding block. It is part of a set that contains several different profiles. I believe the set is still available.

Item 212 may be a home-made precision straight edge. It looks similar to one I have in a DoAll Precision Inspection Kit.

I have no idea what Item 202 is, but I am guessing it is some sort of kingpin or tie rod end reamer.

Item 209 looks like a worn out sand casting mold ram.

Reply to
Ron Leap

This answer is correct.

Sounds like a good guess, I'm still not sure what this one is.

I think this is right.

Reply to
R.H.