Any easy way to delaminate a big transformer

You could shave with my wood chisels, when I was doing that. They were so polished you could see your reflection so that they slid through, with little friction. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah, just saw it on a tarp and collect the dust later. Or use a wide air chisel, resharpening as needed.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ig will know what issues they have before calling copper "clean". Around here, it's "no steel and not much of anything else, varnish OK but not insulation".

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have done it that way, when there was no other way. The copper is soft, and the chisel had a razor edge. 1.5" wide, and an 8 pound hammer made short work. Some of them were would with 4" wide copper bands, similar to what is used at a transmitter site to ground everything. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

He has a life , it consists of spewing hate on usenet from his mommy's basement . Just ploink the SOB and spare the rest of us .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Now do not go saying that, or Iggy will buy "Herman the German"s brother the press.......

Reply to
David Lesher