Anyone need Harley Exhaust pipes

I was helping a machine tool dealer close down his business over the last couple weeks (Dimension Tooling, Santa Ana, California) and wound up with a couple trailer loads of Stuff

Amongst the odds and ends are about 6 sets of new, or nearly new what appear to be stock Harley Davidson motorcycle exhaust pipes. All appear to be in excellent condition, with little if any rust, and only a small bit of blue. Id assume these were factory pipes removed for replacement with customs

Anyone have any interest in the whole lot of em?

If they dont fit a BMW R90/6..I dont have any use for em. Id consider a trade for a couple sets for a set of mufflers FOR an R90/6 btw...

Gunner

Gunner

try asking on alt.tractors or rec.agricultural_machinery.

Reply to
Robin Szemeti

you might be sitting on a lot of money if they're original hd, and off a pan or shovel head model.

Reply to
jmitchellcustom

Suggest you post in alt.motorcycles.harley

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

This post was from GUNNER?! I thought he said he used to wear colors. Those kinda guys would know how to make some money out of them. Whatsa matter? Won't they talk to you any more Gunny? Owe 'em money? Maybe you could gift them and help yourself out.

I knew you were full of shit. Calling me names and then not knowing what to do with Harley parts. Ye. You knew a biker once.

his business over the

California) and wound

new, or nearly new what

exhaust pipes. All

if any rust, and only

factory pipes removed for

use for em. Id consider

FOR an R90/6 btw...

been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Kathy

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hey, you wanna talk to my ex?

I'll trade ya. I'll call yer ex and bitch and you call mine and bitch.

Na, thats too confusing.

Bing

Reply to
Bing

Gunner,

You've got a beemer and haven't been riding it? Shame on you :-o

If it hadn't been for motorcycling I'd never have gotten into metalworking.

From the AMA magazine ads for moving motorcycles (Both Allied Van Lines):

Federal Motorcycle Transport (AMA endorsed) 1 800 747 4100 ext 217 or 218

888 330 5599 ext 1

I believe both of the them tie the bike on a skid, no crates.

Wayne D.

Reply to
Wayne

H/D pipes? Post to rec.motorcycles.harley, they are a decent crowd there.

As far as your poor R90, do it a favor, take out the plugs and give each jug a shot of oil, turn it over a few times so all the valves are closed, and put the plugs back in.

I've had to help several folks recently with pistons siezed up tight in the bores, from sitting. Not pretty.

The Bing CV carbs respond very favorably to some TLC. Just buy a gasket kit from Capitol Cycle and also a new set of diaphragms.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Same noise, different ride

Gunner

Gunner

Ayup.. I do that.

Sigh..I posted something to that effect a couple years ago, here. P'Blaster was what freed mine up. Even on the centerstand, one of the jugs got wet enough to stick.

Ayup. And thanks

Gunner

Gunner

I thought he was asking some friends if we had use for 'em before he sells them to strangers.

WTF?

ISTR that he has a BMW motorcycle. If you have a point, it's masked by all the vitriol.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The key here is there's almost always a valve open. If an exhaust, there's enought 'breath' during weather change to bring in moist air. An intake is worse, because you have the animals that live inside the airbox and pee down the air tube.

If you want to be real safe, just pull the valve covers off after freeing it up, and oiling the cyinders - and slack off all the pushrods so you *know* the valves are all shut.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Uncontrolled PMS is an ugly ugly thing.

Gunner

Gunner

Interesting link:

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You stopped by, and didn't call first? Dang...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I've had my "74 R90 since 1986. Used to love to tease my buddy (in MI ) with his "64 900 Sportster. He was repeatedly kicking it over to get it up on the compression stroke, trying to start it. Once he did, I would crack my knuckles, yawn, flip him the bird, and just touch my starter button. He couldn't catch me no way after that.

I always thought I'd get a Harley when I wore the beamer out. I'm still waiting....

However, like you Gunner, I've let her sit for a few years now. I'm starting the same process. Battery, tires, and go through the carbs. That should do it!

Good for you for having more brains than machismo. I takes more balls to run alone, and think for yourself, than to become one of the followers. Kinda like being a conservative on campus these days.

Maybe some day we can meet up have a beer and crack some " Cliff is so stupid" jokes.

Randy in Scam Diego, Comi-fornia

Reply to
Randy H.

Except that H/D drivers are the real conservatives!

Only liberals understand the benefits that the teutonic machines represent. :^)

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Bah. I loved my R100/7 right until it was suddenly no fun to ride anymore (drunk killed a friend of mine...)

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Sorry about your buddy. But you will need to be on the lookout then, because you obviously have strong liberal leanings. When was the last time you saw one of the kennedy crowd saying "loud pipes save lives?"

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Yeah, it took the fun right out of riding, and I've had no urge to go back to it.

Dammit Jim, I thought we were friends. Technically, I'm a libertarian from all available evidence, I just can't bring myself to vote for them and allow an anti-gunner to get into office if I can help it.

I'm not sure I buy that theory, actually - you don't hear the pipes until the bike is in front of you, and when's the last time you passed somene on a motorcycle, while driving a car?

But, I don't hang with anything resembling the kennedy crowd, so I really don't know their stance on loud pipes.

Reply to
Dave Hinz