Back to work !

Got a call yesterday from a fellow that is competing for business with my former employer ... I start Monday . Had to take a bit of a cut in pay (well , I didn't exactly ask him to match ...) but it shouldn't hurt the take home , since I won't be payin' out over $175/week for insurance and IRA right now . I don't wish my former employer any bad luck , but if his general manager (backstabbin' SOB) chokes on a chicken bone it wouldn't hurt my feelings . I wasn't really looking forward to runnin' my own business , but if that's what it took ... I do plan on still doing some steel fab work on the side , gotta build the madmoney account back up .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Congratulations Terry ! Landing a good job in this lousy economy is quite a fortunate thing. Sort of like "A bird in the hand is worth several in the bush". You will be OK now. Don't give up on your fab shop dream. Now you will be able to work at it in your leisure since survival has been taken ut of the equation. Best wishes.

Bob Swinney "Terry Coombs" wrote in message news:eGDZk.3525$n snipped-for-privacy@bignews7.bellsouth.net... Got a call yesterday from a fellow that is competing for business with my former employer ... I start Monday . Had to take a bit of a cut in pay (well , I didn't exactly ask him to match ...) but it shouldn't hurt the take home , since I won't be payin' out over $175/week for insurance and IRA right now . I don't wish my former employer any bad luck , but if his general manager (backstabbin' SOB) chokes on a chicken bone it wouldn't hurt my feelings . I wasn't really looking forward to runnin' my own business , but if that's what it took ... I do plan on still doing some steel fab work on the side , gotta build the madmoney account back up .

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I've been there where you take what you can get. Sounds a bit better than that. Man does what he has to do. Hope this works out for you. Remember you are hired for a position, where you end up is up to you.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Don't give up on

I second that, you never know where a road will lead.

The Road not Taken Robert Frost

and I ? I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference

Reply to
Rick Samuel

The song lyrics generally always come to mind "payin' the cost to be the boss" (BB King but also Pat Benatar?, don't recall her version) when folks tell me about being in business.

Jobs don't always have the pay, respect or gratitude they deserve, but they often don't include the headaches/stress of payroll, bad employees, rising overhead costs etc.

Reply to
Wild_Bill