Bid screwup!

This article is pretty vague regarding WHY the protest was successful.

Jeff

p://

What is your point? This happens quite often. Were you one of the bidders?

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Reply to
RoyJ

More than likely there was one honest contractor who pointed out discrepancies and UBC or other code problems with the original bid request. Its standard practice for a lot of contractors to bid a job as written and then after receiving it point out the problems and screw the client on change orders.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If your scenario is true, I hope that honest contractor eventually gets the contract. After all, he has already performed valuable work analyzing the specifications and pointing out errors to the school district. I wonder if the engineering firm will reduce their fees for the errors that delayed the project?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Not a chance, around here engineering firms F/U all the time and charge extra to fix the problems. If I was on the school board or city council there would be a list of firms that would be flat out denied the right to bid on all future work.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy