Blast Cabinet Plans

Hi all, I am interested in building a abrasive blast cabinet. I did a little searching on Google and turned up very little. Anyone have some plans or know where I can get some? Approximate dimensions? Height off floor? Depth and width are application dependent. Thanks, Michelle

Reply to
Michelle P

Didn't "Amateur Home Shop Machinist Drive your Wife Crazy Bridgeport in the Basement" magazine have an article for building one of those in the past few years?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Anyone have some plans

I've got an old Projects in Metal Magazine with plans for a cabinet, but they're not very detailed. Should show the basics, though. I could scan and email these if you don't find anything else you like.

Gary Brady

Reply to
Gary Brady

Reply to
RoyJ

Michelle P

Have you priced out a dryer laying by the side of the road?

Joel. phx

Joel Corwith

I used the plywood crate a mill drill came in. Caulked the seams, painted the inside white. added cleats for expanded metal floor to hold projects above the upside down pyrimide that funnels the sand back to the hopper. Used 2 x2 for legs. The opening is covered with window glass sealed with foam weather strip. I did buy a dust collector type vaccum for the dust because I use it mosty for removing rust. That and sand silca dust is bad for the lungs.

Reply to
ShakasCaregiver

Reply to
Michelle P

If you see an oven, they often have windows,....

Now that I type that I saw a microwave/range hood at a thrift store that would have made a nice cabinet.

If you find an appliance repair place, they often have a pile of 'shells' that they have to dispose of once they pull the useful parts.

Joel. phx

My first blast box was a cardboard monitor box with holes in the side and a storm window on top. Careful not to point at the box unless you need another hole,...

Reply to
Joel Corwith

My air conditioner winter cover/ snowblower summer cover started out as a Maytag washer Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Michelle,

One suggestion I have is that you purchase a sandblast gun from TP Tools and put it in whatever cabinet.

I bought a Harbor Freight sandblast cabinet for $200 and a U.S. made gun from TP made it a pleasure to use. You can see the sand coming out of the U.S. gun, the Chinese gun looks similar but wouldn't blast loose rust off

1/4 steel plate.

After all you want to remove paint and rust EASILY right?

P.S. I have visited your web site. Do you have a sister that's single? (GRIN!) Somewhere I saw that your "to do" list included annualing your boyfriends airplane. WOW!

Bart D. Hull snipped-for-privacy@inficad.com Tempe, Arizona

Check

for my Subaru Engine Conversion Check
Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Michelle P wrote:

Bart D. Hull

LOFL - Made me cry laughing.

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Bart, Suggestions noted. I am looking to remove corrosion.

My website? I do not have > Michelle,

Michelle P

Interesting thought. I have a "stacked" washer dryer that is about to retire. The drier section is at shoulder level. There is already a sloped panel from the front lower edge of the top section to the back of the unit. If the door had a glass.........

Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B