Bought this 150 ton Dake press

Kind of excited

Ignoramus14807

That will make a good tortilla press...

Reply to
Pete C.

making steel tortillas out of steel chunks

Reply to
Ignoramus14807

I would make a good mangle for pressing your pants, but it would be hell on buttons.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I was thinking a cider press myself...

Reply to
Steve W.

How much does it weigh?

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

No idea, maybe 3,000 lbs.

Ignoramus14807

Electric motor and transmission on top ! Wow What a baby that one is.

Any thing come with it - dies or plates ?

What color are you thinking of painting it - looks like it is varnish oil coated now.

Think of some bad ass type - either pink, Hot pink or Camo.

Martin

I have a spare surface grinder - three phase 220/380. I35 isn't but a hundred or so miles from here. :-)

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

It's been a while since I saw one that big w/o a CNC control on it.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I myself am wondering, what the hell is on top???

Ignoramus14807

Wifey will simply adore that...for her leaf pressing. How timely for the mid-October gold and red leaves falling!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I used a press sort of like that, only it had matching top and bottom plates with T-slots for tools. All the hydraulics were on top. It was about 12' tall, platens about 4'x4'. We ran RTM and RIM experiments in it.

I'll never forget the day some guys dieseled the peroxide cylinder. Hadn't fully purged the line, so the trapped air heated to the decomposition temperature of the peroxide, and the drive cylinder left sunlight streaming through the roof when it took off. We found it later up on top of that press.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Ignoramus14807 fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The hydraulic pump. L

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

But why is it made with a Bosch injection pump?

Reply to
Ignoramus6183

Ignoramus6183 fired this volley in news:3qadnQ9w_ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

An injection pump is just a small-volume, high-pressure pump, Ig.

Obviously, they weren't concerned with travel rate on that unit.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I suppose because they needed rate control and could get a used one cheap, rather than buying an expensive new variable-displacement pump. Is there an adjustable pressure regulator on the high pressure side?

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Gunner, if that pump is the only pump on it, then the only way to achieve high travel rate would be with a secondary (perhaps coaxial) small diameter cylinder. Even with the throttling rack thrown over all the way, an injector pump just wouldn't provide enough volume to move that big ram very fast.

Most of the presses I've worked on with dual-rate controls had a dual- rotor pump -- sort of like a log splitter pump, although not all of them were of the 'automatic change-over' variety.

For a 150-ton press, that has a very small motor. That generally implies that it's a low-volume hydraulic system, et. al. At least, it's got a pretty short stroke for the frame size.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh