Bridgeport Z axis shaft disassembly

I bought a Z axis power feed. Its installation manual calls for removal of the part of the original mill shaft that I circled on the first picture. (the manual is not written in the best English and it is not easy to understand, so I may be misunderstanding it).

The part is shown on page 70 if the bridgeport manual on my page above. It is called a "dial holder", item number 88 on the diagram.

Has anyone tried disassembling this shaft and how is this dial holder attached? Do I need to press it out, or what? I would hate to break the mill, etc.

Reply to
Ignoramus31919

Closer pictures would help. Though the manual doesn't seem to show it, I notice a hole on the side of that part that makes me think there might be a tapered pin or roll pin securing it.

Reply to
Pete C.

What, where and how much? I'd LOVE to have one!

Reply to
Buerste

As it turns out, it was threaded on. The hole is blind.

Reply to
Ignoramus31919

$220 on ebay. I cannot yet recommend it, as such, as I have not installed it. It is called "ALSGS Z axis power feed" and thre are some previous threads on practical machinist discussing it.

Reply to
Ignoramus31919

I got most everything to work, nicely, except that I lost the 3mm shaft key, no big deal.

Ignoramus31919

Not if you have a mill ;)

Reply to
Wes