Circle cutter for wood or thin sheet metal

Does any one know of a micro adjustable circle cutter similar to the standard General Tool or Craftsman. By micro adjustable I mean that I want to be able to set the cut using some type of stop or threaded post. Then if it is not exactly what I need, then make an exact adjustment.

Reply to
Roger Paskell

Well, you *could* mount your cutting tool in a boring head, which is dead easy to hold a thou with ..

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

What lever of accuracy are you looking for and how are you going to drive the cutter. A cutter driven by a drill press or vertical mill could easily be a single point device while a hand drill might work better with a multi tooth cutter.

Bruce in Bangkok (brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce

Busy Bee Tools is Canada's answer to Harbor Freight, except with less buying power. busybeetools.com Item B2608

Just the picture should be enough for about half the guys here to make one. the other half would buy it because they were too tied up in another project, or they were not yet equipped with tools and experience to feel confident enough.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Thanks all,,,,,Trevor Jones found exactly what I was looking for and he is right I probably will make one instead of buying it. I like the way it adjusts with a threaded knob.

Reply to
Roger Paskell

Thanks to all, what I did instead was to use my Bridgeport with a large rotary table covered with a piece of sacrificial wood. Then I used a 1/4 end mill and clamped the wood to the table and cut away my needed 1/4" wooden circle with a large hole in the middle of it.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Roger Paskell

I think that is known as a trepanning tool.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I use a boring head myself. It is set on a scale and by actual measurement after that.

Martin

Mart> Does any one know of a micro adjustable circle cutter similar to the

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

You shouldn't put yourself down like that, Martin. There are plenty of idiots who'll do it for you!

D&RFC ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I didn't look at Trevor's link, but I suspect it is the same item that Grizzly sells here in the states. See:

Leon Fisk

Very same! Probably came across in the same sea can. The owners of Grizz are rumored to be related to the owners of Busy Bee.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I just have a very warped sense of humor. It helps me to put up with a lot of crap! :)

BTW, any day you don't laugh, isn't worth getting out of bed. :(

I have become heat intolerant due to some medicine, so I was already trapped inside when all the smoke blew through. It was even worse a few years ago, when all those fires in Mexico were drifting across the Gulf, and into my area. That was so thick it seeped inside, for weeks.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I couldn't believe it but at one time the sand from a Sahara dust storm was coming over south Florida. It was doing a lot of damage to the aircraft engines.

John

Reply to
john

That fine sand is bad on a lot of other things, too.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Thu, 31 May 2007 01:34:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Michael A. Terrell" quickly quoth:

Yeah, humping your girlfriend on the beach can be downright dangerous. We don't want to be sanding down our newly-found 15.2 cm of manhood!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Actually, I was talking about car engines and people's lungs, not to mention damage to windows. I used to clean a handful of sand out of the breather on my car every month or so.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I put a couple grains of masons sand in a buddies jar of vasoline as a prank once. His girlfriend wasnt amused.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

Reply to
Gunner
Ëx?uT]oÔ0|÷¯X(­t w?òÑV¡öN µ´â?ls?ùãBþ=³¹VHÉq¼3;³?|st×æ,h¥Gz3?¿§?³ù»³·§t½º?Ñuv?ØtÞLËOÖ4m?=sU8NM:§!øÄgJ]?Ky?û?Üþ?Q?»??F?5&Ø:vyG©eZ³.[*µÊ*?¸ \Ti×pð9ÿ£>È1÷*?]¢ä¥.jW ??ð8ìx\û ¢Åiñ??|Mv­÷?}ÌçÖKês"M¥?ej?6. P¢ÇRHÉ8Yçª2é?r`?÷Ö8&IïCöA» ??\?¸o?#äè.G?ü\O»ÉL;J=´??Gñ¡3?K??sÓpL\ÉK?û5[«???ò8SÎÃE??íH?¶²cQ¤V'B ?À?ªÁÀ î??H÷º÷á8?±5Q ?|?L½??y´¾ãB®äm?sE`>ãÉú-?I3¸?`éýåÀÊÈ`£pæйPêV?O¾ïE?¶?&Áßß ÌèM?C"`¢Fý
Reply to
Gunner