Clever Company Names

Metal content: What they do...

Here in Massachusetts, you can own and live in, but can't sell a house with a buried fuel oil tank, unless it happens to be a "modern" double walled one with a leak detection system.

Most of the time when such a house changes hands the buried tank is removed and replaced with an above ground tank behind or inside the structure, or the place is converted to use gas heat.

While driving to work today I got behind a tank truck belonging to a company doing buried fuel oil tank removal and disposal.

The company name on the back of the tank read.......

TANKS-A-LOT

And, there was an auto radiator repair shop near me a few years ago whose pickup truck had this wording on it's tailgate"

ROGER'S RADIATOR The Best Place in Town to Take a Leak.

What creative names have you seen, guys?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Bait shop called Master Bait.

Ignoramus22887

Somewhere---I think it's on the web---- I've seen a van with the name "Stiff Nipples Air Conditioning" or something similar. I'm sure they're speaking of short lengths of pipe, threaded at both ends. Yeah. Uh-huh.

Best -- Terry

Reply to
prfesser

Telling your wife that you are going to that shop, may be met with unexpected reaction.

Ignoramus22887

When I was growing up the garbage company's motto was "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Double your Garbage Back".

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Not a company name, but I once saw a commercial van with a sign on the back "Warning, Blind Man Driving". The side of the van had the name and info for a window blind company.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

My favorites are: Flowers by Arrangement (Salt SPring Island, BC Canada) Vital Signs (Richmond, BC Canada) Shoebox Accounting (?) and the best.....

The Good Vibrations Love Boutique /mark fraser

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
Mark

Relief?

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote

My favorite is in Watertown MA: a demolition contractor called

EDIFICE WRECKS

-- TP

Reply to
tonyp

Ridaturd, A porta-potty company up in the Washington Cascades. Basshole, a tackle shop on Lake Shasta.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Ove Arkil I think it must be over kill

Rentokil Gunman for hire?

Reply to
Petersen_Michael

There is a sports fishing store near here that has as its 'tag line' "Best little lurehouse in town"

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Davey

Daytona Beach -- "Robbins' Radiator Works, Does Yours?"

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

A pet grooming shop named "Doggie Style".

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

Caused a bit of a stir hereabouts, since it was located across from a grade school, but a septic cleaning outfit (I don't know if it was the name or just a slogan):

SHIT HAPPENS

Optometrist's office:

SITE FOR SORE EYES

Used to be a lumber yard/hardware store GARY'S B.S.

Japanese resturant up the street and around the corner:

YUKI SUSHI

Used to be a dance hall in Northern Iowa called, "Matter's Ballroom." Attached was a bar called, "Someplace Else." Their ad slogan (of course):

IF YOU CAN'T FIND YOUR FRIENDS AT MATTERS, TRY SOMEPLACE ELSE!

An automotive machine shop in Eureka, CA, uses the image of an Indian Head penny as its logo. It's name:

HONEST ENGINE.

While I'm busy procrastinating, here, how about people whose names are just a little too appropriate:

A company had a couple production engineers who were often in conflict: Mr. Black and Mr. White. They worked for Mr. Bikkers...

The same company had a mechanical engineer: Mr. Casebolt.

Some years back, the nurse who was the night shift supervisor at a big hospital in San Diego was Mrs. Sick.

And, in a certain small town, the pastor of the Baptist church was Rev. Hill and the pastor of the Catholic church was Father Mountain. Which led the local wags to observe, "If you have a theological question, Rev. Hill will be happy to answer it. But, if you want it on higher authority, you'll have to go to Father Mountain.

Back to work....

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Foster

I was standing at the counter of a repair shop in Berkeley, Ca, called "Beyond Repair." A guy came in to pick up a set of brake shoes. Clerk: "What's the name of your shop?" Customer: "Midnight Oil."

So I started looking for other names, and found a deli called "Lox, Stock and Bagel."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

A steel fabricator and erector company here in town called:

"Big Boy's Steel Erection" It was on every crane boom they owned in big red letters. I believe they have changed their name recently...wonder why?

-Mike

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Reply to
mlcorson

Well, there's always the railroad tank car company (don't know if they own any track or locos) called the Head On Collision Lines. Then there's the sales guy that I've flown with who had the airline name of White Knuckle Airlines.

-- Yeppie, Bush is such an idiot that He usually outwits everybody else. How dumb!

Reply to
Bob May

In that vein, DARPA has Project MAHEM run by Dr. Meth.

Bar- "My best Friend's"

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I put a copy of the Stiff Nipples A/C van jpg in the dropbox.

Erik

Reply to
Erik