Commercial Driver's License (CDL)

Ignoramus19859 on Wed, 10 Aug

2011 09:53:28 -0500 typed >> >>

Good for you. Like I said, check your local laws.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Pete C." on Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:28:36 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Passengers ... Haz-Mat. Haz-mat, passengers. One loads itself, the other is easier to handle....

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

There's very little difference, as both are caustic. Haz-Mat is much quieter, though.

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

DPS Original/renewal CDL license fee $61 Hazmat fingerprint and TSA fees $78 Truck rental ~$500-$600 (varies with rental place and distance to DPS office you go to) CDL study book $50

Nope, some other medical clinics offer similar. Not a huge expense every couple years anyway.

Reply to
Pete C.

No just a PIA. My biggest gripe with the physical is that I end up having usually 3 every other year. DOT, Fire Fighter and normal yearly.

DOT has different requirements than the FF and the yearly one doesn't cover stuff that both of those want.

Reply to
Steve W.

It makes the trailer top-heavy. He's not talking watch springs here, but a 12 foot diameter roll of several-foot wide steel sheet or plate. And you have to be exceedingly careful of front- or back-end collisions because the coil has a tendency to roll.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Can't you find a doctor who'll certify you in one fell swoop?

-- Fear not those who argue but those who dodge. -- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Some PCPs will expand the normal physical to cover DOT items if you ask. Some might even code it under your normal physical so insurance covers it.

Reply to
Pete C.

The requirements are different and with the FF physicals they usually don't have the equipment to do all the tests.

The mask fit test and lung capacity machines are FUN.....

Reply to
Steve W.

Suckage.

Yeah, I'll bet.