Critter spray gun

Has anyone used this spray gun

I was thinking of buying it and using it to paint what I make instead of a pray can. Anything good or back to say?

Don D.

Reply to
Don D.

guns, this one feature is quite important when your spraying paint. It would probably make a good gun for ant spray.

Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

Doesn't look like any controls at all. If you really want a spray can replacement, look at HF's line of touchup guns. That's about as low-end as I'd go, there's higher-priced ones of the same pattern under other names. Those at least have air and pattern controls. They work fine with light-bodied materials, lacquer, shellac, auto-body paints. I wouldn't use them with latex house paints. A lot depends on what size compressor you have, I'd say the minimum with one of those touchup guns would be about 4.5 cfm(and it'll be running a lot), you'd need a bigger compressor and a better gun if you want to spray latex or heavier materials.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

I already answered this in sejw but:

It looks like somebody decided to go into production with the one I designed back in the early '90s. See

've made some improvements since then so if you decide to build one, e-mail me for the update.

BTW, mine works great.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

A "pray can" ?? Is that what the pope used to go out and spray crosses on things ??

Reply to
Mike Fields

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:03:10 -0700, "Ed Angell" wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

"Easy to operate - just set air pressure at compressor and adjust liquid nozzle up or down for material control - always produces a circular pattern "

So there is some control. You can adjust pressure at the regulator, and also air flow by the trigger. It implies that you can also adjust material flow by altering the nozzle. So, it's crude but has some control.

As Ted says, he built one almost exactly this. What price is the beasty sold at?

****************************************************************************************** WHY _ARE_ WE HERE?

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!

Reply to
Old Nick

Vaticafitti

Gunner

Gunner

You press the button on top and pray. Very occasionally those cans work for more than 5 seconds.

It's sort of like "plug-and-pray" software.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards