Daisy chain compressor tanks

Would it be a bad idea to daisy chain tanks? I have one extra, and at times, I just run out of air. Or would it overwork the compressor?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

SteveB fired this volley in news:l8adbl$v4j$2 @speranza.aioe.org:

Guess who never reads any recent posts before posting himself!

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It should be fine with any decent compressor. Put a valve between tanks, so that you can start working sooner after turning the compressor on.

Ignoramus7589

Ignoramus7589 fired this volley in news:x8udne0_rfwSIjXPnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

You're too kind, Ig. I should take "nice" lessons from you. Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The definition of "running out of air" is that the compressor is on all the time. More tank only delays the onset according to the size of the tank. it only makes sense if your use is intermittent and that intermittency fits. Sure, you can come up with a counterexample, but in the general case, your compressor will run longer, but less frequently...unitl you "run out of air".

Reply to
mike

Sorry, but my life does not revolve around my computer. I am busy living and doing things. If I miss shit on my computer, I miss shit. It's not like I read it every day. I recently went without one for three months or so. Didn't miss it a lot.

People who are umbilically tied to their computers must have a sucky life.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The thread is "re: Valve to fill additional compressed air tank". We came up with several methods to prioritize the valving so the primary tank stays full and the other takes any excess. jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I do want to be less nice.

Ignoramus7589

Don't want to hijack the thread, but thought you might like this...

Rick

Just yesterday, I was doing something similar. I have a hydraulic unit on my semi trailer beavertail. Water made it into hydraulic oil. We changed oil in the tank and I told them to purge cylinders too.

These IDIOTS did not do it and swore that "oil was good in cylinders". It was not good, of course, and yesterday, at 10F, the pump strainer clogged with ice again. It was at a job site and we did not have any heaters to heat it up. So I had to improvise, put an oily rag on a steel stick and made a torch that way.

Ignoramus31022

The watery oil and the oily rag and stick torch should be returned to the guy's desk who sold you that rig, Ig. Just so he knows.

You said you wanted to be less nice, and this is perfect timing.

P.S: Um, I suggest that the torch be given to him UNlit.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Personally, I think that it is our fault.

Ignoramus31022

?

Then pour the oil over your -own- desk.

Reply to