DALLAS area electronics and mechanical surplus stores

Recently on this newsgroup, I saw a post for "Bay area electronic and mechanical surplus stores."

I was wondering if anyone knows about the same type of stores in the DALLAS area. There is a place called CDC in Richardson but that is the only one I know of.

Thanks in Advance David Bezinque Plano, Texas

Reply to
David Bezinque

BG Micro in Garland has been known to have some interesting things.

keith bowers

I often wonder if the old surplus place on Maple (by the power station) is still around. The largest "sale" is the "Saturday Sale" at Ross and Central Exp. Now mostly computer equipment but still some mechanical and electronic surplus. Bring a flashlight and get there at 4-5am for the best deals. E me directly and I'll give you the name and number of a salvage dealer there. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Is that place still there ? wow! - I used to go there in the mid 60's and 70's. There were places on the east side of 35 as it swung up around Dallas - another not much west of there as well. Been to many years to hope they are alive. Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

David Bez> Recently on this newsgroup, I saw a post for "Bay area electronic and

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Tanner's Electronics off of Valwood and 35E in Addison.

Reply to
TheAndroid

I know that name also. I'll have to take a road trip someday and check out the old haunts.

The place in an industrial park - west of 35 somewhere south of ?118? - is where I bought the Clock chip and Red 7 segments (Monsanto) for a clock that is still running today - 6' from me. The IC was one of the new things as was the 7 segment - the store made a pcb and crossed their fingers. I think the supply is a little flaky, but it runs just fine. Most IC's would crap out by now - but I suppose those transistors are monsters !

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

TheAndroid wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn