Done Moving machines and cargo weights

Hello everyone,

I have completed this task and it was not easy. Can a single man move 5 milling machines by himself without a forklift??????

YES!

Should he?

NO!!

:)

Check out the photos I posted to show how it went.

V8TR4

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 02:32:42 GMT, "V8TR4"

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Next time rent a trailer, or get a truck with a liftgate. I have a large box truck and it is not my first choice for moving heavy equipment. There is no point in getting the stuff way up there about four feet high and then having to get it down before you can even move it. If you take the ramp off a landscape trailer you can bring the ass end down right to the ground and roll the machine off, using a come-along as a safety. Those mill-drills could have been pulled right off with the pallet jack. I do have the Nichols Mill I just bought in the back of my box truck, since the Van Norman was on the trailer, and look forward to a slightly hairy job for my Bobcat getting the thing off the truck.

Reply to
ATP

Can I afford 5 mills? not really. I just moved in the shop Dec 1st, and it was really messed up.

repaired all the walls but did not put up the new paint in time. Considering what it looked like before I'm not too embarrassed.

Reply to
V8TR4

"V8TR4"

Can I ask what the 5 mills are going to be making? Lane

Reply to
lane

I originally purchased my first mill may 1st, and it was stolen from my home property within 2 hours. I was very upset to say the least. In debt for a milling machine I desperately needed/wanted and no longer owned. I have a small (its just me) company making some electronics for the hobby robot market and automation. I had home built a CNC system for drilling PCBs and I was going to retrofit to the mill/drill. I was hoping it would work well and maybe even be able to sell to others. Somewhere in my rage over the theft I decided I was going to buy a few mills and install my CNC set up and sell to some local people in my area. I was hoping by selling with the CNC I could try to make back the loss from the original theft.Well, I have yet to finish the CNC and am thinking of just selling 2-3 as they are. I have just moved into my shop as can be seen by some of the photos and I am bogged down in things to do besides this CNC idea.

For now I will be happily using one of the mills to make parts for my cars, some robot stuff and hopefully even make some money with it. To be honest, I really wanted a milling machine because I wanted it and I found a million reasons to try to justify it to my wife.

That's it, Oliver

Reply to
V8TR4

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 03:20:31 GMT, "V8TR4"

Reply to
Larry Jaques