Drill Doctor 350X!

Maybe it was a waste, but it was only $50 and I enjoy doing things right.

Should the diamond grinding wheel or the bit being sharpened be wet with some liquid like silicon or WD-40?

I also made a channel to help cut my aluminum flat bar forks. Haven't used it yet, but it will help do it right.

John Doe

It is not diamond, it is CBN.

Ignoramus302

i run my Darex drill sharpener dry

Reply to
Karl Townsend

I don't know if you can even use coolant with a Drill Doctor, but with a CBN wheel, don't use coolant with a rust inhibitor in it. The chemistry isn't compatible. (Something I learned by interviewing wheel manufacturers a decade ago.)

Ordinary soluble oils are recommended in production and toolroom applications.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Don't lube the drill doctor.

It is best not to practice to many times with expensive stuff :-)

Mart> Maybe it was a waste, but it was only $50 and I enjoy doing things > right.

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

A bit after sharpening.

Reply to
John Doe

That conical shape won't work very well, but they have another cut that will.

I've recovered a broken 3/4" drill I got for free. I first turned it like that and then cut the cross point. Another one, I corrected to that form and then hand ground the flats on it.

What is the other - cross point ? something like that.

Mart>

Martin Eastburn

They are the same 1/2 inch drill bit, with different lighting Number 2 is after another grinding.

I might try sanding the cutting edge with a rotary tool. That would be my first use of a rotary tool sanding paper disk.

Reply to
John Doe