Driving chain for hand chain hoist

I have a 2 ton Coffing manual chain hoist that I am using for various corporate purposes. I mount it on a 10 foot A frame, but the hoist was originally intended for a 20 foot lift. I was able to bundle up the lifting chain, so that it does not get in the way.

However, the driving chain (which you pull by hand) is too long and, because it loops all the way through, I cannot just hang the excess of it. So, it is a mess on the floor.

It looks like pretty garden variety hoist driving chain to me, and I would probably be able to just buy 6 feet of it somewhere and weld it myself.

What I do not know is what it is called, and on what page of say mcMaster carr catalog can I buy its equivalent. It has to be a pretty exact match.

Ignoramus5125

Why don't you just shorten what you have?

Reply to
dpb

I've never run into one that was actually welded endless. If you look carefully I bet you find a link that's simply bent shut. Cut the chain and save the piece if you think you may want the longer hand chain in the future.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

I store my chain hoist in a bucket which also serves to keep the lifting chain out of the dirt. It's actually two buckets, a plastic one to dampen chain noise inside a stronger galvanized one. A rubber farm bucket would be as good.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I could, I guess I wanted to keep it in case if I sell this hoist.

Ignoramus5125

Well, if it comes time, you can always lengthen it again. At most it'll be a couple links shorter than it was.

Reply to
dpb