DRO Quill Kit for Bridgeports

Anyone have one of these caliper type scales on their mills? I just ordered one for my mill with the mounting kit and was curious how it mounts to the mill and also how it will affect the automatic depth stop that kicks out the quill powerfeed? I have looked for manuals or instructions and could not locate any on the web. I also checked Mitutoyo's website and had no luck. This is a 6" scale type. Thanks for any help or mounting pictures. -Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

I put one on many years ago. There is a "plug" that fits the hole in the stop ring like an expanding arbor. There's another part that fits where the ruler scale normally goes on the head casting. That's about it. It is a pretty simple thing. Mine did come with some very sketchy instructions.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I put one on mine but I did not like the included mounting hardware so I made my own - have pictures if you're interested.

Reply to
Stephen Young

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I made one for my mill out of a cheapie Harbor Freight digital caliper. You have to turn your head sideways to read it but for 25 bucks.......

JohnF

Reply to
JohnF