European faucet adapter from metric to North American

I have an expensive European faucet that I recxeived as a gift and would like to install. I have been to all of the usual supplies (Gingers, Taps, Home Depot) with no success. I was wondering if there was a way to have two adapters produced out of brass or other compatable plumbing material.

I know the easiest solution is to by a Moen or Delta, but my wife.....

Reply to
Dave Reid

Can you identify the threads used. I live in the UK, part of Europe, and many single taps use BSP (British Standard Pipe) thread for connections, the ISO standard pipe thread is based on BSP so the same and would be used in Europe. Many mixer taps here with a compact base use a metric fine thread and an O ring seal for the connection to the mixer base and flexible hose back to the copper water pipe, typically 15mm OD. Any idea what yours are?, IIRC 10mm is a common one. You might look here for some ideas as to what is available on this side of the pond

and have a look round the rest of the site if you don't find what you need. What faucet do you have as in the past I have been asked to make modifications to seriously expensive Danish Vola equipment to suit the interior designers requirements.

Reply to
David Billington

"Dave Reid" wrote in message news:33ccb$52c7533a$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

You're likely to get more help if you specify what sort of connection you need to make - metric tubing, BSP or G pipe thread, etc. That said, McMaster-Carr carries a wide selection of metric & British fittings. Heres a 10mm tube to 1/4 NPT compression fitting, for example:

Ned Simmons

Your cheapest and easiest way may be to use euro fittings/tubing on the faucet, and closest American feed tubing from cut-off valves and red-neck engineer by using good quality rubber tubing between the tubing with band clamps. Good quality tubing should last for years.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

I'd take the faucet to the local plumbing supply house (not Home Depot or the like) and throw yourself on their mercy.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Thanks for your quick responses. I don't have the faucet in front of me at the moment, but will track down the manufacture's name etc. when I do. I remember the tap threads were 16mm and that the water supply lines are 3/8.

Reply to
Dave Reid

replying to Dave Reid, Patrick wrote: Hey everyone. I just found the solution to my Italian (EU) faucet to American waterline connection problem. After ordering a few different adapters off of amazon my wife (who bought the faucet) found a local hydraulic hose company that sells British to US adapters. I took my EU fitting to them and voila, I finally connected my faucet without any problems. The guy I worked with, Mike Ortega, was great so want to get this out to the public. My faucet required the 3/8" BSPP (British Standard Pipe Parallel) to 1/2" NPT, both male ended adapter. It's part # 9007-06-08 on their website.

Ask for Mike and tell him Patrick sent you. Cheers.

Reply to
Patrick