Feedback? McMaster Bench mount angle iron shear

I am quoting a job making a very simple angle clip out of 1.5 x 1.5 x

1/16 6063 aluminum. 15900 pcs....

Looking for a low cost angle iron type shear suitable for soft aluminum. I'd prefer a straight vertical motion, material resting in a Vee, with a punch matching the inner sides (or visa-versa) Short stroke, done. Not having a lot of luck finding one, though I'm certain I've seen them somewhere before.

Did find this at McMaster Carr:

In the catalog, there's an option for a low distortion blade. Description says virtually no distortion on 1/8" steel angle, but 1/16

6063 is a lot softer than 1/8 steel...

Not wanting to get into a big discussion about all the alternate methods for doing this. I know what I want and will make it from scratch if I have to, but trying to find something off the shelf if I can. Part is a low value item, no money for deburring, etc, so I need a nice clean sheared edge. Sharp edge is OK, but burrs hanging out are not.

Does anyone have any direct experience with the above reference tool at McMaster, and if so, do you think a brand new one might give me the cut quality I want? Or... does anyone know where I might find a strictly vertical shearing type that doesn't cost $10k? Self contained and powered ok if within budget, but mostly need just the actual mechanical shearing part, I can automate with power one way or another.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Ah, ok, sometimes searching -images- is MUCH faster... Unitool is the outfit that makes the modular angle shear I was thinking of.

But, I seem to recall seeing something else. Anyone know if Gerver is still around? They made stuff like finger brakes and benders like the DiAcro stuff. I used to have a catalog here somewhere, and I think they had one. But Google keeps giving me Gerber stuff even when I tell it, no, I want it to search on Gerver...

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson