'Fluid Film' Undercoating Product

Hi all,

Wondering... does anyone here have any real world long term experience with this stuff?

Stumbled on some Youtube videos of folks crowing about it, but have no way of knowing if they're shills...

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Reply to
Erik

Well it's msds says it is just a light oil with a "piney" odor jk

Reply to
jk

I just buy lanolin at the drug store.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I've used it on brake and fuel lines for years. Up where the lines run through the "frame" and crap gathers. A shot once a year, and "bob's your mother's brother".

Reply to
clare

For a "light oil" it sure hangs on well. It penetrates into rust, doesn't wash off eisily, and sort of "gells" leaving something akin to a thin layer of cosmoline.

Reply to
clare

It that a matter of days? or months?

If the former, sounds like something I could use. jk

Reply to
jk

I shoot the brake lines on the Mistake about twice a year.

Reply to
clare

Sounds like LPS 3. Wonder if it's cheaper? Lanolin has been used for a century or more for preventing rust in gun barrels after firing corrosive ammo. So no new idea there.

Stan

Reply to
Stanley Schaefer

Just bought a std spray can at Grainger, about $11 based on some rave reviews on another fabrication web site. I have not tried it out yet.

Reply to
aribert n

It appears to be thixotropic. That is. although it goes on kinda gloppy from either an aerosol can or an undecoat gun, vibration makes it flow. So it appears to penetrate into those crevices where frame segments join, brake line attachments and the like from the vibration of driving.

I try to do my '89 F250 once a year. So far, so good, even in our wet and salty Maritime climate. Seems not to last more than a year. Maybe half a year if your vehicle in on the road a lot of the time. (My truck gets very light use, is garaged when not in use in winter.)

Fifty bucks a gallon here in bulk but that's cheaper than aerosol cans.

Reply to
Mike Spencer