For Iggy: Self Balancing Skateboard

Oh Boy! I'm thinking a couple of your bigger servo motors and a couple 10" pneumatic tires!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

When Doug Fields was Chief Technology Officer, Segway held "Frog Days" where the engineers could build such toys from the plentiful collection of scrap, hopefully inspiring a new product. I don't know if he's held them at Apple.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

He sounds like an excellent boss to me.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Sometimes it was great, other times like Orange County Choppers.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Grumpy old guys yelling insults and slamming doors? :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I've seen diagrams of similar in the patents that Dean Kamen of Segway has filed.

Elijah

------ remebers when Dean Kamen was famous for wheel chair that could manage stairs

Reply to
Eli the Bearded

Nifty!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Looks very interesting. What I would really like to do, if I had a spare $3,000, is to build an automatic sniper soldier. It would be a robot programmed to shoot at certain color light bulbs as they light up (so that it is safe to test). It would, of course, shoot BBs or some other safe projectiles.

If used in a real war, it could potentially deny the enemy a sector, without exposing any soldiers.

Ignoramus9645

Do you know about the US Army's Unmanned Ground Vehicle program? They have robots equipped with machine guns.

I'm sure there's better info than that article, but it was handy.

Reply to
Ed Huntress