For Sale or Trade: 8" Super Index horizontal/vertical rotary table (with 3-jaw chuck) for milling machine

Hi everyone - A while ago we purchased an 8" super index for our milling machine that turns out to be way too big for us, now that I try to heft it onto the mill. You can see the details of one of these at Enco part number 202-3030, (although we got ours from J&L, it looks like it came from the same general place as the Enco version.

If anyone has a smaller one (6" or 4"(do they make them that small?)) that they'd like to trade for this - and you're within driving distance of Salem, Oregon - let me know - or if you want to buy it for a price that would get us close to a 6", that would be cool also :)

Carla If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Reply to
Carla Fong

Simple: If he builds a radio for Ginger and Marianne to listen to he gets laid, if he gets them off the island he doesn't...

Reply to
Pete C.

That would use most of the envelope under my bridgeport. I have a 12" RT that I call my uncle for help lifting. A hydraulic cart to slide these things onto the table is on my agenda. Us older guys are not going to risk that magic pop in our backs if we are smart. I'd check harbor freight for a cart to get it in place if your index works under your envelope.

It is sorta like asking mom and dad why Santa doesn't visit poor people.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

are smart.

Reply to
erik litchy

I'd rather slide than lift.

Wes

Wes

To load my ~200# 10" tilting RT onto my Bridgeport I normally use either an engine hoist or my forklift, whichever is closer, or on the odd occasion I actually have someone working with me, two people can lift it just fine.

Reply to
Pete C.

" RT that I call my

the table is on my

cks if we are smart.

rks under your

Long ago my back told me that all the second-hand lifts I could buy would cost less than one trip to the emergency room.

A platform lift (stacker) similar to this has been the most useful:

It drops lower than a scissors table so heavy things are easier to slide onto it.

You can hang loads under the table like a crane, but it's unstable if they swing. They are fine as is on hard floors. I use mine outdoors and so modified it with larger stainless steel wheels:

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That is an awesomely useful tool. I've changed small dies, small assembly presses, and tooling details with those. Too often I grab an elevator table when this fine machine would do the job as well or better.

WEs

Reply to
Wes

bly presses, and

is fine machine

Unfortunately not an awesomely affordable tool.

Mine cost $10, plus about $50 for rebuilding. I haven't seen one that actually works sell at an auction for under $125.

I ordered a crank-up Vestil from Northern when I was at Segway to lift them up to benchtop height. It worked well and didn't leak oil on the lab floor, of course, but the ratchet mechanism was louder than the whole production line.

Jim Wilkins

Reply to
Jim Wilkins