Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14? - Page 2

Threaded View
Re: Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?

I'm curious if anyone has encountered a drawing where the use of a form tap is
mandated because of the increased thread strength?

Best,
Steve

--

Regards,
Steve Saling

That would be because I goofed....a little transpositional error....

....SHOULD have read 2100 vs. 2600

opps....sorry about that

I'll go hit myself with a wet noodle now.

Mike

Re: Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?

That is the b*tch of usenet, no way to edit now.  In the civilized days we could
fix our
mistakes. to some degree.

Wes
in their eyes."  Dick Anthony Heller

Re: Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:06:46 -0400, Wes

Civilized days, as in "300baud BBS" days, Wes?

--
Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels,
throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions,
with cheerfulness.  -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

Re: Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?

Even 1200 baud.

Wes
in their eyes."  Dick Anthony Heller

Re: Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?

Why are you making it hard?  You are cutting the butter of steels.  Nice stuff,
easy to
machine.  I have a small pile of bar ends that never cease to make me feel like
I have a
clue when turning the stuff. :)

Wes
in their eyes."  Dick Anthony Heller