Found and fixed

The problem with my truck was in the ignition lock cylinder . Something inside broke/came loose and wouldn't let it rotate all the way to the start position . Total cost $16.05 and a reschedule of my alignment appointment . Many thanks for those who tried to help , those who did nothing but snipe can FOAD .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Loose nut behind the steering wheel.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Maybe you could find a crafty lawyer who could figure a way to get you a chunk of that GM ignition switch money? ;-)

PS I agree about the FOAD. Banquer has become nothing more than a snide footnote to every posting. Adds NOTHING of substance these days.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Only a little loose , most days .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

rangerssuck wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

"These days"? As far as I can tell, Jonnie Bonkers has never added anything of substance.

Reply to
Doug Miller

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in news:XnsA371B76DCA34Clloydspmindspringcom@216.168.3.70:

[...]

Sounds like an interesting story there. Care to elaborate?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Doug Miller fired this volley in news:XnsA371C4694594Fdougmilmaccom@78.46.70.116:

_I_ did not see it. Several people here have had first-person accountings of how he got his chops smacked. It turns out, he treats EVERYONE like shit, and somebody at a metalworking convention took offense!

Damn, I wish I'd been there to watch (and maybe contribute). Some people just deserve an ass-whippin' every once in a while, and he qualifies at the top of the list.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Kaopectate can help with that. Or eat lots of apples.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

Never did

Reply to
clare

Glad you found the problem. I didn't contribute anything 'cause I had nothing to offer but smart-ass comments.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh well, That isn't the common problem but at least you found it. I wonder if the cylinder was a re-key after it was stolen. Might have been put together just enough wrong that it failed.

Good job.

Reply to
Steve W.

I was surprised to find it faulty too , not too common . At least the fix was cheap .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in news:4Cjzv.45684 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.iad:

To be clear about it, Terry, some simple CNC is _part_ of my business, because I design pyro manufacturing equipment as one of my business lines; but it isn't my _business_, per se.

I am full-time and fully-dedicated to the fireworks industry, also doing accident forensics and process/formula design. AND it's my hobby.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

But but but ...Jon thinks every ones world should revolve around CNC , and only the way he does it is right . For myself , I don't even have a power feed on my mill . Manual machining is where I'm at , and where I'll stay , I have no need for more advanced tooling for the simple stuff I do . Heh , my lathe is as old as I am , and I'm old enough to retire ... it'll still hold tolerances under a thou if I do my part . My Daddy always told me "Get a job doing something you enjoy , and you'll never "work" a day in your life.." . Sounds like you've done just that - and pretty much so have I .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

"Terry Coombs" fired this volley in news:ontzv.81008$ snipped-for-privacy@fx23.iad:

Actually, no, he doesn't. I checked into his entire work history. He has never worked in the CNC world, has no job now, and with his 'interpersonal skills', never would keep a job if he lied his way into one.

"The way he does it..." is to sit in front of his computer screen all day, read about other people's CNC adventures, and collect his public assistance checks. He can't even think on the fly! Have you noticed that once he's cobbled up a description for someone or something, he repeats it verbatim forever after? How many times has he repeated his "clique of idiots" theme; Thousands? Not a word or punctuation changed. It takes him hours to days to come up with a quirky little rejoinder that pleases his warped sensibilities. When he finally does, it's cast in stone -- because there is no _mind_ working behind that keyboard. Only an angry, destitute, ignorant, socially inept, and porcine little ego.

The only "JB Tech" company listed in the greater SD area is JB Tech Services, a TV and electronics repair company. Since the owner's picture is on his ad, we can be certain Little Jonnie isn't part of that business.

He is despised throughout the CNC community. Check any forum on which he's participated to see for yourself. There are dozens, and he's as "well respected" on _all_ of them as he is here.

And that miserable, despised, and lonely existance is what he's maintained - according to his own Linked-in page - for the last 27 years.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh