Free: Fine Blasting Media?

About 4-1/2# of what appears to be 120 grit blasting media. Looking at it under a microscope, it's uniformly graded irregular waferish particles of about .005 long. That, the fact that it scratches glass aggressively, and the gray-brown color, make me think it's more likely silicon carbide than aluminum oxide. Or it could be something else entirely.

McMaster gets about $30 for 10# of AlO or SiC. If you want to gamble $10 thru Paypal for a Priority Mail flat rate box, it's yours. Otherwise, it goes into the driveway sand bucket.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

It could also be garnet, which we use for abrasive in our waterjet at work. Any ideas for a use for the garnet sand after its shoveled from the waterjet tank? It will also contain fine particles of whatever we were using it to cut.

David

Reply to
David R. Birch