FREE -- Yale Hoist Hook

Assuming it fits a priority mail flat rate box, which I think it will, this item is offered for FREE plus $9.50 shipping (extra 55 cents to cover paypal fees). If it does not fit, then the deal is off and it goes to garbage (or you would need to pay more for UPS). I do think that it will fit, I may need to slightly disassemble it.

This is a three chain block, so to speak. Your pulling force is multiplied by 3. Your speed is divided by 3. I think that you can use it as a 2 chain block or just lift with one chain, with obvious reduction in ratings etc.

The chain that the sprockets are made for, is 1/4", IIRC. (not sure).

This is for Yale KAL 3 hoist.

Ignoramus6542

Sad thing is you will probably never find replacement hoist chain that fits. If you go to a good industrial supplier and look at their chain you will see that it all is marked "NOT FOR OVERHEAD LIFTING". Hoisting chain is generally custom made and only Yale chain will probably fit that.

My maxim is to never ever buy a hoist without chain in good shape.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

McMaster has overhead lifting chain (grade 80 and above).

That was a military surplus deal, I bought a working hoist with chain and hook and an extra hook. This hook is that extra hook that I cannot sell.

Ignoramus6542