FS -- EDM electrode blanks

Came across a moderately large quantity of new EDM electrode blanks. (my guess is 150 lbs, but I will know for sure tomorrow) Would like to unload all of them at, say $3 per lb. Write me if seriously interested.

There are other EDM things available as well, not sure yet what they are.

Ignoramus1197

I'm interested. What grade of graphite is it? What "other stuff" do you have?

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Dave, I have no idea, it came from a local defunct metalworking company/prototype shop. I will pick them up tomorrow and will report. There are some pieces that look like maybe holders.

igor

Reply to
Ignoramus1197

Send me some pictures. If it fits my stuff I'm interested.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

I might like a couple of blocks, but will happily defer to others who can use the whole lot.

Reply to
Don Foreman

How big blocks do you need. My blocks are on smaller side. 2-3 inches in size. I have, I think 200-300 lbs. Just a guess after having moved all of that stuff. I would just charge by the pound, so I am sure that whoever wants the whole lot, does not mind you getting a few pieces.

Ignoramus31599

Bigger is better but a couple or three would be plenty. I'd use them for surfaces upon which to silverbraze small objects.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Don't forget, you can make your own (much stronger) by killing some hydrochloric acid with a handful of zinc. (I presume you have zinc lying around if you're galvanising stuff.) Otherwise use scrap galvanised steel.

Cheers

-- Jeff R.

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt