Gasoline to cool your cans of soda

I was talking to a military man, a day or two ago. He tells me that at the beach, you can cool your soda by digging into the sand. Put the cans down a foot or so. Fill the hole back in. Pour some gasoline onto the sand, and light it off. When the gasoline finishes burning, dig it up, and the cans will be cold.

Anyone tried this?

Mythbusters said no.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What? He didn't tell you how to open a can of beer with a dab of C4? Or about chewing it when you run out of chewing gum?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
Jim Stewart

They got their names from the noise/call they made.

The fuckyou lizard (AKA - Tokay Gecko) makes a sound like that sounds sort of like f*ck you

The Re - up bird (Blue-eared Barbet) has a call that sounds like it is asking REEE-UP?

Reply to
Steve W.

Jeez, talk about arcane military culture.

Thank you both.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Department of useless information:

Living in the land of the Tokay and the Gecko (chinlit) I can assure you that it is not a "Tokay Gecko". They are two different species. the Gecko eats bugs and the Tokay eats geckos, small birds and fingers if you get too close. They look like a miniature alligator. A Gecko doesn't have teeth.

-- Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
John B.

Steve W.

Steve W.

He didn't mention any of those. He did yell "ammo! Ammo" when I sent him up a ladder with an empty stapler, one time.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A typo above the word should have been chinchok, not chinlit which is a cricket.

Yes I have read that. However.... nobody that lives with them calls them "tokay gecko". They are Tokay and/or Chinchok. But then, the capital of Thailand is not Bangkok so what can one expect :-)

-- Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
John B.

Yes, I know. They will also tell you that the capital of Thailand is Bangkok, the name of those islands off Korea is Japan and the country just to the west of Thailand is Burma. Amazing what those Farangi will come up with next. :-(

-- Cheers,

John B.

Reply to
John B.

I can just picture it. I don't care who ya'are... that's funny! >;-}

Reply to
David Courtney

Yes, it was an unregistered, semi automatic staple gun, too. I carried it to the job without a CSP (Concealed Stapler Permit) and he was carrying openly.

I thought, also, that was a funny moment. I also made double sure to check the staple magazine before each time he went up the ladder.

.