Have a question or want to show off your project? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Grizzly G9972Z lathe aging
- Louis Ohland
February 26, 2010, 9:05 pm
rate this thread
Finally pulled the gearbox cover plate on my lathe so I could fix the
leaking around the gearbox oil sight glass. To my surprise, it's a
plastic sight glass that is held in only through an O-ring. Not sure how
I want to take care of it, whether tapping for a threaded sight glass
using a NPT unit or whatnot. I'm just sure that replacing the O-ring
will lead to future leaking in a few years.
Re: Grizzly G9972Z lathe aging
On 2/26/2010 20:52, Ignoramus27062 wrote:
I went there last night, along with Grainger. After satisfying my
perfectionist urges, it looks like I'll get new O-rings.
Though a 3/4" x 14 tpi NPT might work in the .982 diameter hole. A bit
too big for the starting diameter (about .020) but the fit should be
good ofter a eith inch or so.
- » Federal agency vows to continue legal action after ending Nevada ranch standoff
- — Last Updated thread in » ⏣ General Metalworking
- » OT eye glasses at least it is not political
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » ⏣ General Metalworking
- » rec.models.rockets FAQ Part 00 - Introduction and TOC
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Model rockets forum