Harbor Enco

Is Enco becoming the new Harbor Freight?

On my last order I received a broken pump, and kind of got the run around to get it taken care of. Wound up buying a pump elsewhere to get the machine going. Did eventually get a credit, but it took a while.

On this latest order they authorized my credit card twice, and then didn't use either authorization for the purchase tying up nearly $1000 credit for a $300 purchase. Since that's my on-line card that I deliberately only have a $1000 limit (so the worst I can ever screwed for is $1000) on its now useless until those pre-authorizations expire. Well, I did already pay off the part they actually charged, but...

It seems like the last three or four orders have had petty but annoying issues like that. I don't recall having issue like that in the past with Enco. I've been buying from them for a few years now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Enco has been selling cheap imported crap for one hell of a lot longer than harbor freight has, if memory serves me.

Recently, Enco introduced their very own line of mechanic's hand tools....

--they call them "snap off"

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

MSC is the same company but markets a slightly better quality level. They have a lot of sales making the pricing close.

I still buy Enco but get frustrated too. Last week i needed a special large diameter 5/64 key slot cutter. Enco's was way cheaper cause i didn't have an MSC sale code and i had a free ship Enco code. It took over a week to get here. I'm used to McMaster service -order by 5PM, here by 10AM next morning

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Same company? That's news.

Braggart!

Enco's usually second day for me from the NV warehouse.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

When I was a janitor at Kenworth in 1974, someone left an ENCO catalog in the toilet.

I have a mill, a lathe, and a couple drill presses. I order stuff from ENCO. I expect to pay $1 to get $10 worth of tools, and only throw half of it in the garbage. That way I am still 4% ahead.

Reply to
clark

This order finally arrived. The first thing the driver did was point out that Enco had palletized a package with an up arrow on its side. The box was damaged, and parts parts were missing. I've decided its not worth the headache to send it back (couple hundred pound arbor press) and I'll just make the missing gibb plate if Enco won't just send me one.

Reply to
Bob La Londe