Harbor Freight ad spoofs

Hilarious!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That was good. Went to HF this weekend, used a coupon to buy some Goodyear rubber air hose and some other odds and ends. I wonder how they ended up stocking Goodyear hose? It's a bit out of character for HF.

Meanwhile, after the deluge, I'm washing mud off my tools, drying them and getting rid of surplus stuff that I forgot I had.

Reply to
ATP

"ATP" fired this volley in news:50a03b05$0 $1237$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

It's made in China. ANYbody can stamp the Goodyear logo on their hose.

If you cannot sue them to stop, then you can't stop them.

All HF would have to say is, "Well, it was labeled 'GoodYear', so we thought it was...."

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I think that Goodyear would sue HF.

ATP

Maybe Goodyear is licensing their logo to Chinese factories for a few cents a foot.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mor'n likely.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Sure it was Goodyear? I've seen spoof brands, Somy or Panascenic. Mighta been Goodwear, instead of Goodyear.

.

Mor'n likely.

Lloyd

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not really. Ive got Goodyear hose that I bought 6 yrs ago at HF. Its much much much better than that blue shit they sell in the Dirt Cheap section that will simply break in half if its below 38F and you shake it hard.

I still have some 500' of decent hose, out of the 800' of hose that I brought home when I shut down Ceromet in Anaheim, California. Some of it was pretty far gone, so I tossed it..but gave air hose to all of my buddies for their shops. And I still have some 400" of 3/4" Goodyear 300PSI hose. On the spools.

Reply to
Gunner

Ayup. Its good hose. I keep 50' of it hooked up on a spool for my shop needs

And its at least 6 yrs old if not more. They been selling it for quite a while.

HF aint all crap. They have some decent stuff mixed in with the crap.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I'd guess it's overstock from a distributor or the like...

Reply to
dpb

The last time I looked it said Goodyear and USA. They also have O/A twin hose that is Goodyear USA as well. The Goodyear stuff HF sells is not at China prices, but it is a couple bucks less than from most other sources. In case folks haven't noticed, a lot of stuff that HF sells is

*not* from China.
Reply to
Pete C.

It's legit. I also bought some real rubber garden hose from Home Depot that is 200 percent better than the plastic crap I've been replacing every few years.

Reply to
ATP

I've seen a couple of Taiwanese products thrown in, but the rest has been all China. What have you seen, Pete? I know that Japan is outsourcing to China and China is outsourcing things to Thailand and Vietnam, but I haven't seen any of those sourcings from HF...and I'm there a whole lot.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've seen stuff from India, definitely, and IIRC Pakistan (picks, tweezers).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

India, Pakistan, heard they had some anvils from Russia a while back, etc.

Reply to
Pete C.

They had some clear hard casters made in Vietnam.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The spot welder I bought a while ago is made in Armenia.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Oh, yeah, the Russky anvils. I forgot about those. I have a really cheaparse Indian plane from there. I use it on jobsites when there might be nails. (I won't ruin a good iron on hazards like that.) And, come to think of it, some of the stainless toolsets are Paki. Fine-point tweezers, test probe/picks, mini-spatulas, etc.

I recently got a student med kit off eBay (Paki) for about $12 delivered. Scalpel holder and blade, 2 pairs of bandage scissors, 4 different types of hemostats and forceps, and a case. 12 sutures were $11.49. I'm ready to do my own surgery on me, in a pinch. Numb it up and fix torn arms and legs during times of strife (which don't seem far off at this juncture.)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ask an EMT or doctor for some 4-0 precut sutures and needles. They come nicely sterile..Im not terribly happy about the packaging of the sutures in the import medikits. I have several and have used them to stitch up 3 dogs and a neighbor so far and I soaked the sutures in benadine before use.

Works just fine

Gunner

"The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

(Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 B.C.)

Reply to
Gunner

(different vendor, same price and item) I bought the sterile, individually packed box of 12 already.

Where am _I_ going to see a doctor or EMT? I live in the sticks, too. Besides, I stay as far away from those types as I can, always. It's safer that way, knowwhatImean,Vern?

These are made in Ig's back yard, Metawa, IL. The Paki med kit will certainly be boiled before use. I used to be in the shipping and receiving inspection section of SouthCom, Int'l. (not the gov't) back in the '70s. We received our manpack radios in boxes packed with floor-sweepings, and some of the bugs which made it through quarantine were amazing. Spiders and crawlies from Pakistan are quite different from those here. Scary stuff, mon.

Betadine mixed with grenadine? Interesting.

Ayup. I stocked up Betadine, too.

Reply to
Larry Jaques