Harborfreight 3in1 Chucks?

I've got a HF 44142 3in1 multi-machine which came with the stock 3 jaw chuck. I cannot find a face plate, or four or six jaw chuck to fit it. Does anyone have any ideas where I could find something that would work? I'm happy with the machine, other than that issue.

Thanks, Bill L. Winston-Salem, NC

Reply to
William Longyard

your manual probably tells you what the threads are, right? so get a nut with the proper threads, weld on a piece of steel and then finish it on your machine -

Reply to
William Noble

Should be a simple turning job to machine an adaptor which fits your spindle on one side and the new chuck on the other. Try ENCO for various chucks

Reply to
Jim Insolo

That's why you bought it, right? Hey, it's a LATHE. Make your own back plates. First thing I did waay back when I bought my HF 3in1. See:

first.txt and the associated jpgs. JR dweller in the cellar

William L> I've got a HF 44142 3in1 multi-machine which came with the stock 3 jaw

Reply to
JR North

Bill, this solution was discussed in the Chaski Home Machinist 3-in-1 Metalworking Machines forum a while ago. There may have been other recommendations, which should be fairly easy to locate by searching that specific 3in1 forum. There are numerous 3in1 machine owners that participate in the Chaski forum that have performed many upgrades and improvements to their machines, and are very helpful and experienced with these machines.

I expect that the HF spindle is the flanged type, and utilizes bolts to retain the chuck.

Here's what one participant said regarding an adaptor plate for fitting other chucks to his HF machine.

If you need a four jaw chuck with a large enough pass through hole to use the existing HF 44142 pass through hole, use the following:

29510-0VGA 4 jaw chuck, cost is $46. 29511-0VGA adapter plate, cost is $21.60. These costs do not include shipping. By the way, to order items not found on their website, you need to go to the HF home page and click on the "Order from Printed Catalog" link shown in the left column. Put in 29510-0VGA and 29511-0VGA in as part numbers. Woody in Florida

The Chaski forums cover many metalworking and machining topics that are regularly discussed here in the RCM NG, and with no static about off-topic commentary.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

Thanks so much. This is a big help!

Bill Longyard