Hardinge collet angles

Gentlemen I need to determine the collet angle on 5C and 3C collets. I have seen the 5C quoted as 20 degrees inclusive and also 20.0334 degrees. Which is correct? Also what is the angle for a 3C? Is there any reference that discusses a different angle for the collet and the tapered bore that the collets mounts to? It has been suggested that the matching tapered bore my be at a slightly different angle to ensure that the collet is located on the largest diameter.

Thank you

Richard

Reply to
Richard Edwards