HD $6 air/blow gun -- excellent

Awl --

With a 4" bent narrow nozzle. The best gun I got, which include some $20-30 "typhoon" types -- those are better quality, but this one is actually better to use. The nozzle, however, is not removeable or interchangeable. No biggie, tho.

I got stuck on these extended nozzle types from a cheapie HF unit, just seem to fit the bill better, in vmc-type stuff.

What is nice about this handle is that it is easy to grab, very ergonometric, like the typhoons, AND it has that gradual action, also like the typhoon, for easy gentle blowing, as opposed to the "on/off" type.

I have found the Husky line to be quite serviceable so far. I am a BIG fan of their upright cast iron compressors (26-30 gal), SUPER quiet, and surprisingly decent tech support -- helped me re-connect the motor for 220 without me jumping through hoops.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Oh, fyi, the SKU is 401-875, should you want to check on stock, etc.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I had a cheap $3.99 o so HF blow gun fo 3+ yeas, and so far it works well. There is not much to "blow gun technology", and it does not seem like a blow gun needs to be very expensive.

Ignoramus19289

Yeah, like 240 choices!! goodgawd....

The HD/Husky one looks similar to yours, but is quite close to

Iffin you have $1700 burning a hole in yer pocket, you can get an ionizing air gun:
Low air pressure, tho. WTF is this used for??

Your gun is cheap, at $9.30. Your tips look interchangeable as well, unlike the HD jobby, and you could proly put on an extension nozzle, which are really useful.

Hey, with all that perty Grainger's stuff, you could color-coordinate yer air stuff, too!

Re R8's miltons, I have miltons, not very impressed. The sheetmetal lever bends, not a graduating lever, some leak, etc.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

The Burger King of air gun suppliers, you can have it your way

I've got pressure regulators on my blow-off air guns. Shop air off the compressor is 100 PSI. I keep the blow off air between 40-60 depending on the part I'm doing. I'm not anal about it :) but I find that I like different pressures depending on part size or configuration.

Pimp out your air system to contrast or compliment your Fadal.

Seal material seems to be an issue too. Cheap rubber seals can fall apart with oils and coolant.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

We use these guns from Matco. They have made in Sweden imprinted on them. We got some from Matco before these that were "Vacula" brand. Imprinted "Swiss made".

Very nice. Very good feel and control of air flow with handle.

Alphonso

I have seen these used in clean rooms where they assemble satellites. Bout what I gather they reduce or eliminate static electricity therefore particles are easier to blow off...the place I saw them in use they were using nitrogen instead of air....nitrogen being cleaner I suppose.

Reply to
Zymrgy

I think you mighta found the cheapest pistol grip that Grainger's carries. You didn't tell us *that* part. :) $9.30

BUT, Grainger's doesn't seem to allow you to sort on price. They used to, iirc.

95% of the Graingers mfrs are Guardair, Legacy, and Westward, nothing from coilhose, or any of the other names mentioned. Which poss. explains near-duplicate items: These guys are getting their stuff from a common source, sticking their label on it?

Guns similar to the HD, but with threaded choices of tips:

$15

$12

Iffin you want a 6 foot reach:

71" tip, $323

Telescoping shaft guns, 8-32" !!

$35 !!

Mcmaster shows a locline shaft for a blowgun! Neat idea!

MSC seems to have all the coilhose stuff, IngersolRand, many others. In fact, their search ditty lists all the mfrs well over a dozen. Nice....

"Variable Flow" seems to be the term of art for that air-saving squeeze feature of many pistol grips, incl. the HD/Husky. Not clear if all pistol grips/squeeze levers do this, however. MSC also has a funny search/filter, apparently powered by google, and DOES allow you to sort by price!

One of their cheapest items is a 24" extended nozzle!! $6.91. !!

And you know MSC has a 300% markup policy, right? goodgawd..... Typical of the 'net, btw. Yer local hardware store -- if any exists -- has a 15-20% markup, except on shit like faucet washers, about 100%.

'Course, it used to be American Corporations worked off a 10% ROI or % of expenses. Now, Merkin CorPirations work off, well, whatever they can mind-assfuck you for, usually 100% and up, it seems. Try finding a cheap generic vitamin....

Oh shit, I feel a rant coming on -- must be I don't want to finish skimming that 4 years worth of microbial soup from le Fadal.....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

dude...trust me on this one....get a shop vac. takes the oil & leaves the coolant

Reply to
Zymrgy

Yeah, I think you posted on this before, but I don't quite see how this would work. And how long would it take, how much trouble is it?

My li'l cheapie skimmers are really doing a a great job.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

We leased some with a radioactive isotope to prevent ESD damage. We used regular compressed & filtered air for everything at the plant. We had a couple 3 phase 10 HP compressors, to handle everything.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even better when your machine is off. I'm assuming you are a one shift operation.

Hope you picked up extra wipers or have suitable plastic to make your own. That is the wear item.

Wes

Reply to
Wes