Help with plasma cutter and complex pattern…

Help with plasma cutter and complex pattern?

I have a 4' high x 2' dia. cylinder and want to cut a very complex pattern into it? i.e. a " Decorative French Ironwork Design"? usually when using a template with the plasma cutter I just deduct the edge of the tip to where it cuts and am good to go? but here I am dealing with a lot of negative space with a fare amount of detail? ? how to transfer the pattern? I would love to create a stencil and just spray paint it white and cut out the white, but I know that will not work so what to do, what to do? you all have been good in the past? Michael

Reply to
gome

Pantograph?

Reply to
Don Foreman

I have the pattern ... but need to mark the steel in some way the plamsa cutter will like and I can follow... I have always used a very clean surface...

Reply to
gome

This is an art piece for 2 old propane tanks... actually its 2 lamps by the gate entrance to his place... he owned a propane delivery service and still does for eons. this is kind of a statement... so I have no CNC machine... I would like to job out the flat CNC get er done and weld it to the top of the cylinder... grind the weld... patina with rust... and away we go... not a bad idea !!!

Reply to
gome