Here's a new application for a spoiler...

Threaded View
Snapped this in the parking lot this afternoon:

http://www.maceranch.com/images/spoiler.jpg

Re: Here's a new application for a spoiler...
Maybe the owner has a high speed oversteer problem...?  That wing is
especially nice paired with the brush guards and ground clearance decreasing
rocker panel guards.

Nothing says class like a host of ineffective and unneeded add ons!

Peter

Re: Here's a new application for a spoiler...
says...

This reminds me of the 'wing' that we had on our 1976 ford LTD station
wagon.  It was incorporated into the roof rack to deflect air down
across the rear window, to keep it clean.   For a while we were driving
one without it, and the window would get filthy in no time.

With the 'downforce spoiler' there, it would stay clean indefinitely.

Jim

             please reply to:

Re: Here's a new application for a spoiler...

Grey
decreasing
I have been thinking of putting a spoiler on top of my pickup topper to get
the wind up and over the cargo trailer I pull. The trailer is about 12"
taller than the pickup. I thought it would be nice to make it fold down when
not in use so I won't look like racer boy.
Steve Peterson

Re: Here's a new application for a spoiler...

It wouldn't be a spoiler then, it would be a deflector.  I see these
all the time on long-haul 18-wheelers, supposedly helps with fuel
mileage.  If it works for them, it should work for you.

Stan

Re: Here's a new application for a spoiler...

No "supposedly" about it... that "rooster tail" makes a HUGE difference
in milage. Enough to be able to literally see the difference on the fuel
gauge without any effort at all.

--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
I respond to Email as quick as humanly possible. If you Email me and get no

Site Timeline