Here's a new application for a spoiler...

Snapped this in the parking lot this afternoon:

http://www.maceranch.com/images/spoiler.jpg

Maybe the owner has a high speed oversteer problem...? That wing is especially nice paired with the brush guards and ground clearance decreasing rocker panel guards.

Nothing says class like a host of ineffective and unneeded add ons!

Peter

says...

This reminds me of the 'wing' that we had on our 1976 ford LTD station wagon. It was incorporated into the roof rack to deflect air down across the rear window, to keep it clean. For a while we were driving one without it, and the window would get filthy in no time.

With the 'downforce spoiler' there, it would stay clean indefinitely.

Jim

================================================= please reply to: JRR(zero) at yktvmv (dot) vnet (dot) ibm (dot) com =================================================

Peter Grey

decreasing

I have been thinking of putting a spoiler on top of my pickup topper to get the wind up and over the cargo trailer I pull. The trailer is about 12" taller than the pickup. I thought it would be nice to make it fold down when not in use so I won't look like racer boy. Steve Peterson

It wouldn't be a spoiler then, it would be a deflector. I see these all the time on long-haul 18-wheelers, supposedly helps with fuel mileage. If it works for them, it should work for you.

Stan

snipped-for-privacy@prolynx.com (Stan Schaefer) wrote:

No "supposedly" about it... that "rooster tail" makes a HUGE difference in milage. Enough to be able to literally see the difference on the fuel gauge without any effort at all.

--
Don Bruder - snipped-for-privacy@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
I respond to Email as quick as humanly possible. If you Email me and get no

Related Threads