HF 20% coupon in the mail

In the mail, I regularly get 20% off coupons from Linens and Things and Bed Bath and Beyond. Pfft. Occasionally I'll get 10% off coupons from Lowes and Home Depot. But today I got one from Harbor Freight!! It was on the top corner of one of their store ads. Good for a single item, including those already on sale. Maybe I'll pick up one of those scissor lift tables.

Reply to
AL

If you get on their e-mail sale flyers they send them about once a month with the e-mail and you can make as many copies as you want. Dick

Reply to
Dick

They must not like me very much. I've been on their email list for years and have never received a coupon.

Reply to
AL

sometimes you have to watch the employees when they check you to save time they will punch in the local zipcode just to be too lazy to ask your zipcode ,well the thing is the company uses that zipcode to see where they need to send their discounts too and if the employees are not putting in the local zip then thats where they will concentrate with mailing their flyers ,they basically use it as a survey for their customers ,sad thing is I see this happening all the time in different stores and retail outlets ,tells you what kind of people the american worker is becoming used to be no matter the job you would do your best at it and be as professional as possible but I see this less and less everywhere I go mostly all they do is complain well I'm sorry that your

20/hr with benefits suck so bad that you can barely make payments on your Escalade and your 120,000 dollar home ,I really wish some of these people lived back during the depression where some people were just glad to be working . Appreciate what you have while you have it because eventually it will be gone
Reply to
badaztek

Thanks for saying why they ask for a zip code at Harbor Freight. I was wondering why they did that.

Reply to
JWho

I get plenty of email coupons from HF, typically they come about once a week. They are either 20% off one item, or $10 off $100/$5 off $50. But they are all only good for in-store purchases. Unfortunately, my local store often doesn't stock what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know if HF offers discount coupons for online orders via their Web site? If so, could you tell me how I might get them?

TIA, Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver

There are TWO different email lists. One for their web store at

and the other for their brick and mortar stores at
To get the 20% coupons you need to sign up at the HarborfreightUSA website.

Robert

Reply to
Siggy

If you get the high lift one, please report how well it works. We routinely stack cabinets at work up to three high (okay, they are shaker/incubators but that's not important right now :-)), and they weigh about 200-275 lbs each depending on options. Each is about 22" high, plus a 6" base, so to put the third unit on top its bottom has to go about 50" up off the floor. We start with the cabinet on a workbench and grab 3-4 people, but I keep trying to talk the other guys into one of these high lift carts. I want to put a thin sheet of polyethylene on the table so the cabinet will slide over easily, jack the cart up to bench height, slide the cabinet on, jack it up to the final height, and slide the cabinet onto the stack. Anyway, any feedback would definitely be appreciated.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Reply to
Carl Ijames

Thanks. I didn't know there were two sites.

I went to their local store this afternoon with the coupon burning a hole in my pocket. But I couldn't find anything I wanted. I happen to like HF but I just didn't need or want anything they had. The scissor table looked nice but was at the full price of $280. I saw it go on sale for $200 recently (which is more than 20% off) so I passed.

Reply to
AL

I played with one in the store. It only goes up about 3'. Have you considered a die lift cart? They can lift about a thousand pounds about

5-6'. They use a crank and several pulleys instead of hydraulics. New ones are $500-$1000 but I found a used one for $25 a few years ago.
Reply to
AL

Actually, that last sentence is not correct. I signed up for email notices at

years ago and have been getting their promotional emails (including the 20%-off coupons for in-store items only) ever since.

I only just learned about their other Web site

a few weeks ago here in this newsgroup, and have never signed up for any emails from that site.

And I don't recall ever getting a coupon just for online purchases, but I wish they'd offer them: there are many items on their e-commerce Web site that are never carried in their stores.

- Michael

Reply to
DeepDiver

Haven't seen one of those. HF has 3 or 4 lift carts. The high lift one goes up over 50" and is rated at 770 lbs. Normally $280 but on sale most of the summer at $249. The local store keeps a couple of the lower lift ones in stock but not the tall one.

-- Regards, Carl Ijames carl.ijames at verizon.net

Reply to
Carl Ijames