Honda powered pressure washer question

A client asked me to take a look/repair his honda powered (5hp) pressure washer. Said he loaned it to an employee..that individual said it ran then quit. When client fired it up..said it sounded like baking powder can full of marbles.

I pulled it through..felt like it had sufficeient compression, then took it outside to load in the truck. On a whim..I checked the oil..and as I unscrewed the dip stick..a fountain of gasoline came out the crank case. Like 2 gallons

Any ideas of where to start looking, or what the chances of the bearings being washed out are?

Ill try to check it out tommorow, time permitting

Gunner

Gunner Asch

If it was ran that way then it's toast. Most likely the needle stuck in the carb causing it to run all the gas into the cylinder/crankcase.

The only way to find out is to change the oil and then try it out. If it runs without knocking or burning oil then he got off lucky.

Be sure to check that the carb doesn't drain the gas when it's shut off and the gas valve left on.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Reply to
wayne mak

operator decided to fuel up and put the gas in the oil hole. Its down by the motor and unscrews. Probably had to find a funnel though.

Uncle George

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Possible but he would of had to turn the engine on it's side to fill it that full.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

Sounds like a bad needle/seat contact in th' floatbowl.

Cheap and dirty; first I'd drain th' oil/gas, then add oil and a small amount of fuel and fire it up. Depending on what it sounds like would determine further work like replacing th' needle and seat, adding an inline fuel filter (if possible and it doesn't have one), running it for a bit and changing th' oil out again. If it sounds like shit, I'd write it off.

Snarl

Reply to
snarl