How cool is this?

I know for some of you, this will be no big deal, but for those of us who never get to play with such stuff...well, maybe I'm going to have my birthday party there.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Now, that's hard-core. All of my wife's family but one work(ed) for Caterpillar, so I've gotten some nice rides. My sister-in-law thinks she's Mario Andretti on a front-end loader. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Maybe you & yours can meet us there for my party?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Ooh, down in the Pines. When is your party?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That place looks great, but I note that one must pay to use their equipment. If you visit me everything would be free. You can doze some smaller trees, cut down some big ones that make a mighty crash when they fall, doze around the stumps and then hoe them out, doze those over a ledge, doze topsoil into big piles, doze fill into monster piles, load that into a dump truck with a skidsteer, drive the dump truck (with poor brakes) up steep hills, and grade the fill into its new home. And you can do it for days if you like!

Reply to
whoyakidding

'tis all in the very nascent stage. I just found this place this morning. Sometime in June, I think.

Reply to
rangerssuck

Sounds great. Now all I need is passage across the continent. I'd have a hard time passing it off as a business trip.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, let me know. I have a commitment on June 18th, but I'm otherwise pretty clear.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It's only a 10 hour trip if you borrow Wieber's Ninja. :)

Reply to
whoyakidding

I pucture my cheeks being blown out like Louis Armstrong's and my tongue winding up in my stomach. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Lemme guess. You're Tom Sawyer, right? Or Mister "wax on, wax off, paint the fence" Miagi?

Reply to
rangerssuck

Way cool. But, New Jersey. I live in Michigan, so it's not like I'll be in the area anytime soon. Darn. I used to play with a D12 at Muskegon landfill in the early 70's. Not much but drive and push a little dirt. No heavy playing. I was only 16 at the time.

Reply to
Steve Walker

The earth moving equipment is more fun, but I've ridden in this tracked Cat ag tractor:

...and immatellayou, that's farming in class. Surround-sound, A/C, power everything, and a seat like a living-room lounge chair. I loved it.

My inlaws live near the Cat plant in Aurora, IL, which is where I got my rides on those machines.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

(yawn) For 200 bucks I can rent a trackhoe for the WHOLE WEEKEND here . In fact I did just that to dig the hole for my cellar ... As far as the 'dozer , I can push dirt with my Little Rusty Tractor , just not as much at a time . Forklift ? I used one at the last 3 cabinet shops I worked at . I guess some folks just aren't as "lucky" as me .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Nope. I find my lumber jacking and dirt moving mostly boring, partly because at my low budget level it always requires equipment maintenance, which I hate. The closest I can remember to a Mr. Miagi moment was the day I'd planned to doze a couple dozen truckloads of fill, but ran into too much rock. Once I realized that the day's schedule was shot, running the hoe for a few hours was pretty zen.

Reply to
whoyakidding