I wonder how much metal needs work to fix this mess?

Michael A. Terrell

line-is-currently

Mostly sharpening the jackhammer bits.

_I_ wonder how in hell they got a "flood" of concrete in there!

Reply to
Tim Wescott

They were apparently pouring concrete nearby, and a form pushed out and the concrete flowed where it wasn't supposed to. Somebody spent a LOT of time installing all that neatly routed wiring, it is going to be SOME MESS to get that cleared away and working again. I'd imagine even taking it as an emergency project, it might take weeks to get the station running again, and then months to get the signals wiring put back the way it is supposed to be. And, since it looks like signals and controls wiring, there's a public safety aspect to fixing it so it can be trusted to not cause a train wreck, it the completely literal sense.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Jon Elson fired this volley in news:dN6dncRBbYmgUH_PnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Yeah, well. I would want to know why they didn't notice that the forms weren't filling... SOMEBODY's ass should be on the line for that sort of stupidity.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I for one would never have thought this was possible but they reopened already:

Uffe Bærentsen

"Whaddaya mean? You think my sturdy 1/8" thick lauan form panels weren't sufficient?"

Were it mine, I'd force the insurance to replace it all. And I'd have pumped loads of water in there to dilute the concrete (which would be pumped out before it set) disregarding all electronics in the flooded area. It's toast anyway, from liquid water, humidity, lime, and whatever. Crete is caustic hell on electronics.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It sounds like a rinse and check was all they did. STUPID! Now watch all the wrecks...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Makes you wonder how much safety equipment they bypassed?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 25 Jan 2014

00:02:44 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or system redundancies ..

pyotr filipivich