"IIRC"?

What does "IIRC" stand for? I have seen term used on "Basic Machinist Tool Lists".

Thanks,

Tom Zumann

Reply to
Tom Zumann

Tom Zumann wrote in news:b71cc$50dc8306$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

"If I Recall Correctly" or "If I Remember Correctly"

Reply to
Doug Miller

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly. Also see, AFAIR = As Far as I Recall.

Used to soften what might otherwise be seen as an absolute authoritative statement.

Given that all* absolute statements are incorrect, it's often used.

*most

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

==============

hahaha

  • GOOD ONE Speff !!!

" Never say never !! " sorta thing.

Brian (Shovel All Day) Lawson. Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Others beat me to it...

However, here's a good acronym site to bookmark:

Sometimes you'll get a lot of hits, but it's usually easy to figure out which pertains.

A quick Google search will usually find what your after as well.

Erik

Reply to
Erik

I LMAO at these! lol * ATD - At the Doctor's * BFF - Best Friends Funeral * BTW - Bring the Wheelchair * BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth * CBM - Covered by Medicare * CUATSC - See You at the Senior Center * DWI - Driving While Incontinent * FWBB - Friend with Beta Blockers * FWIW - Forgot Where I Was * FYI - Found Your Insulin * GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low * GHA - Got Heartburn Again * HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement * IMHO - Is My Hearing-Aid On? * LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out * LOL - Living on Lipitor * LWO - Lawrence Welk's On * OMMR - On My Massage Recliner * OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas * ROFL...CGU - Rolling on the Floor Laughing...Can't get Up! * TOT - Texting on Toilet * TTYL - Talk to You Louder * WAITT - Who Am I Talking To? * WTFA - Wet the Furniture Again * WTP - Where're the Prunes * WWNO - Walker Wheels Need Oil Hope these help. GGLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon