Is this compressor possibly nice to have?

I do not want to buy it to resell it. Assuming that it works or is easy to fix, would you think that it is worth having in a garage style shop?

Again, if I bid on it, it would be for myself.

thanks!

Ignoramus23430

Forget my question, I am not going to bid on this turd. It only does

40 psi. i
Reply to
Ignoramus23430

I noticed that you're not interested in it anymore.

I dunno how you determined that it only pumps up to 40 PSI, but it does look as though it has a tire valve stem chuck on the air hose in the one picture. That would make it appear to have had a single purpose of something like tire inflating or charging something to a fairly low pressure.

The single cylinder pump looks as though it might have about a 2" bore maybe, and it would most likely be capable of pumping higher pressures. The check valve caps give the appearance that it's a quality built pump. The size of the motor pulley would run the pump fairly fast, and for a typical passenger car tire, it would be a quick fill.

Since there isn't any storage tank, it might only be useful as-is for a brad nailer (or some other application requiring a small volume of air). If it were plumbed to a tank and set up for a higher pressure, it could be useful for other low volume requirements. Depending on the HP of the motor, the motor pulley diameter might need to be reduced, reducing the air volume rate.

Most home shop guys probably have tools and other aire equipment that would require the volume of a 2-cylinder single stage pump as a minimum requirement. A 2 HP single-stage unit with 2 cylinders and a 20 gal tank can be considered just/minimally adequate to use impact tools or a spray gun, for example.

WB ............

Reply to
Wild Bill

Looking at the more info link sez it has a 1/3 HP motor and is a supply class H7 which translates to FUBAR So unless you are in the market for an OD paperweight passing is good :)

Reply to
Glenn

Supply class H7 does not mean much. I have bought, kept and sold a lot of equipment marked H7 that was in great condition. (and have 100% positive feedback to show for it).

My home generator, which works beautifully, was rated HX, which means scrap only. It required some TLC, but not much, no rebuild etc.

Ignoramus16733

Just wondering, was that generator a military surplus unit? I've been browsing the mil. surplus sites for one about that size within reasonable driving distance. If it was a mil. unit, did it have a number on it like MEP-002a or MEP-anything? I found all the specs. on the MEP units, (mobile electric power, I believe), and it's easy to determine their ratings, phase, cps, etc. Yours is exactly what I've been looking for. Sorry about all the questions, but you seem to be the guy that's been there and done that with govliquidation.com.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton