Jacobs chuck wedges

Could someone give me the dimensions (LxWxT & slot width) for a No. 6 Jacobs wedge.

I need to make a tool that looks like a chuck wedge. Starting with a wedge, is easier than making one from scratch.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen
2" long 1-1/4" wide 5/32 thick (big end) 3/4" wide slot Dimensions are rough, stamped part
Reply to
Chief McGee

< snip >

Thanks, that will work with no modifications. I'll order one today.

That information doesn't seem to exist anywhere, that I could find. Machinery's Hand Book & Google turned up nothing.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

""I'll order one today."" Gary, I don't know if you can buy just one. (If that is what you meant) Anyway you really need two so they can be used together. They are inserted

180 degrees to each other. This will cause the force to be even on both sides. With just one there is a chance of marring the part. Chief Mcgee
Reply to
Chief McGee

I ment one set.

This is for a rough adjustment, on an optical device. Currently they are prying on it with a screwdriver. That is just wrong.

Anyhow, got the wedges locally. Works like a champ. Now the guy thinks I'm some kind of genius. That's also wrong.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen